Methods to assess changes in the pattern of nuclear phosphoinositides.
AffiliationCRUK Inositide Laboratory, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPhosphatidylinositol (PtdIns) and its phosphorylated derivatives represent less than 5% of total membrane phospholipids in cells. Despite their low abundance, they form a dynamic signalling system that is regulated in response to a variety of extra and intra-cellular cues (Curr Opin Genet Dev 14:196-202, 2004). Phosphoinositides and the enzymes that synthesize them are found in many different sub-cellular compartments including the nuclear matrix, heterochromatin, and sites of active RNA splicing, suggesting that phosphoinositides may regulate specific functions within the nuclear compartment (Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 4:349-360, 2003; Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 282:177-206, 2004; Cell Mol Life Sci 61:1143-1156, 2004). The existence of distinct sub-cellular pools has led to the challenging task of understanding how the different pools are regulated and how changes in the mass of lipids within the nucleus can modulate nuclear specific pathways. Here we describe methods to determine how enzymatic activities that modulate nuclear phosphoinositides are changed in response to extracellular stimuli.
CitationMethods to assess changes in the pattern of nuclear phosphoinositides. 2010, 645:165-77 Methods Mol Biol
JournalMethods in Molecular Biology
- Methods for the determination of the mass of nuclear PtdIns4P, PtdIns5P, and PtdIns(4,5)P2.
- Authors: Jones DR, Bultsma Y, Keune WJ, Divecha N
- Issue date: 2009
- Nuclear phosphoinositides and their impact on nuclear functions.
- Authors: Shah ZH, Jones DR, Sommer L, Foulger R, Bultsma Y, D'Santos C, Divecha N
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- Nuclear phosphoinositide kinases and inositol phospholipids.
- Authors: Gonzales ML, Anderson RA
- Issue date: 2006 Feb 1
- Nuclear Phosphoinositides: Their Regulation and Roles in Nuclear Functions.
- Authors: Fiume R, Faenza I, Sheth B, Poli A, Vidalle MC, Mazzetti C, Abdul SH, Campagnoli F, Fabbrini M, Kimber ST, Mariani GA, Xian J, Marvi MV, Mongiorgi S, Shah Z, Divecha N
- Issue date: 2019 Jun 19
- New frontiers of inositide-specific phospholipase C in nuclear signalling.
- Authors: Cocco L, Maraldi NM, Manzoli FA
- Issue date: 2004