Radiolabeling with fluorine-18 of a protein, interleukin-1 receptor antagonist.
AffiliationWolfson Molecular Imaging Centre, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIL-1RA is a naturally occurring antagonist of the pro-inflammatory cytokine interleukin-1 (IL-1) with high therapeutic promise, but its pharmacokinetic remains poorly documented. In this report, we describe the radiolabeling of recombinant human interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (rhIL-1RA) with fluorine-18 to allow pharmacokinetic studies by positron emission tomography (PET). rhIL-1RA was labeled randomly by reductive alkylation of free amino groups (the epsilon-amino group of lysine residues or amino-terminal residues) using [(18)F]fluoroacetaldehyde under mild reaction conditions. Radiosyntheses used a remotely controlled experimental rig within 100min and the radiochemical yield was in the range 7.1-24.2% (decay corrected, based on seventeen syntheses). We showed that the produced [(18)F]fluoroethyl-rhIL-1ra retained binding specificity by conducting an assay on rat brain sections, allowing its pharmakokinetic study using PET.
CitationRadiolabeling with fluorine-18 of a protein, interleukin-1 receptor antagonist. 2010, 68 (9):1721-7 Appl Radiat Isot
JournalApplied Radiation and Isotopes
- Automation of [(18) F]fluoroacetaldehyde synthesis: application to a recombinant human interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (rhIL-1RA).
- Authors: Morris O, McMahon A, Boutin H, Grigg J, Prenant C
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 15
- Syntheses and in vitro evaluation of fluorinated naphthoxazines as dopamine D2/D3 receptor agonists: radiosynthesis, ex vivo biodistribution and autoradiography of [(18)F]F-PHNO.
- Authors: Vasdev N, Seeman P, Garcia A, Stableford WT, Nobrega JN, Houle S, Wilson AA
- Issue date: 2007 Feb
- Radiolabeling and in vitro and in vivo evaluation of [18F]-FE-DABP688 as a PET radioligand for the metabotropic glutamate receptor subtype 5.
- Authors: Honer M, Stoffel A, Kessler LJ, Schubiger PA, Ametamey SM
- Issue date: 2007 Nov
- <sup>18</sup>F-labeled norepinephrine transporter tracer [<sup>18</sup>F]NS12137: radiosynthesis and preclinical evaluation.
- Authors: Kirjavainen AK, Forsback S, López-Picón FR, Marjamäki P, Takkinen J, Haaparanta-Solin M, Peters D, Solin O
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- Synthesis of a potent and selective (18)F-labeled delta-opioid receptor antagonist derived from the Dmt-Tic pharmacophore for positron emission tomography imaging.
- Authors: Ryu EK, Wu Z, Chen K, Lazarus LH, Marczak ED, Sasaki Y, Ambo A, Salvadori S, Ren C, Zhao H, Balboni G, Chen X
- Issue date: 2008 Mar 27