The ICRU recommendations for reporting intracavitary therapy in gynaecology and the Manchester method of treating cancer of the cervix uteri.
AffiliationChristie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe recommendations of the International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements for reporting intracavitary therapy have been considered with particular regard to the Manchester method of treating cancer of the cervix uteri. The total reference air kerma is calculated and tabulated as a function of prescription for the standard Manchester applicator arrangements. Furthermore, it is shown that the volume contained within a particular isodose surface may be determined, with very acceptable accuracy, from the total reference air kerma by the use of a simple empirical expression.
CitationThe ICRU recommendations for reporting intracavitary therapy in gynaecology and the Manchester method of treating cancer of the cervix uteri. 1989, 62 (736):362-5 Br J Radiol
JournalThe British Journal of Radiology
- Treatment volume from total reference air kerma (TRAK) in intracavitory applications and its comparison with ICRU reference volume.
- Authors: Deshpande DD, Shrivastava SK, Nehru RM, Viswanathan PS, Dinshaw KA
- Issue date: 1994 Jan 15
- Total reference air kerma: to what extent can it predict intracavitary volume enclosed by isodose surfaces during multiple high-dose rate brachytherapy?
- Authors: Datta NR, Das KJ, Basu R, Singh U
- Issue date: 2003
- Cervical cancer: intracavitary dose specification and prescription.
- Authors: Potish RA, Gerbi BJ
- Issue date: 1987 Nov
- 60 Gy isodose volumes in carcinoma of the cervix and their relation to the geometry of uterine tube and ovoids.
- Authors: Jacob R, Bidmead AM, Blake PR
- Issue date: 1999 Feb
- Point vs. volumetric bladder and rectal doses in combined intracavitary-interstitial high-dose-rate brachytherapy: correlation and comparison with published Vienna applicator data.
- Authors: Yaparpalvi R, Mutyala S, Gorla GR, Butler J, Mah D, Garg MK, Kalnicki S
- Issue date: 2008 Oct-Dec