N-myc gene is amplified in alveolar rhabdomyosarcomas (RMS) but not in embryonal RMS.
AffiliationChristie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Withington, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDNA from 13 (6 alveolar and 7 embryonal) childhood rhabdomyosarcomas (RMS) was examined to determine the incidence and prognostic relevance of N- and c-myc genes. Southern analysis showed 5- to 20-fold amplification of N-myc gene in 4 of 6 alveolar but in none of 7 embryonal RMS (p less than 0.04; Fisher's exact test). The number of children who died with multiple- and single-copy N-myc gene was 4/4 and 5/9 respectively (p greater than 0.05; Chi-squared test). There was no statistically significant correlation between N-myc amplification and age, gender, site, stage or survival time. There was no amplification or gross rearrangement of c-myc in any of the 13 RMS.
CitationN-myc gene is amplified in alveolar rhabdomyosarcomas (RMS) but not in embryonal RMS. 1990, 45 (4):593-6 Int. J. Cancer
JournalInternational Journal of Cancer
- MYCN gene amplification in rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Authors: Driman D, Thorner PS, Greenberg ML, Chilton-MacNeill S, Squire J
- Issue date: 1994 Apr 15
- N-myc gene amplification in rhabdomyosarcoma detected by fluorescence in situ hybridization: its correlation with histologic features.
- Authors: Hachitanda Y, Toyoshima S, Akazawa K, Tsuneyoshi M
- Issue date: 1998 Dec
- Amplification of N-myc in a rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Authors: Mitani K, Kurosawa H, Suzuki A, Hayashi Y, Hanada R, Yamamoto K, Komatsu A, Kobayashi N, Nakagome Y, Yamada M
- Issue date: 1986 Nov
- Retrospective study on amplification of N-myc and c-myc genes in pediatric solid tumors and its association with prognosis and tumor differentiation.
- Authors: Tsuda H, Shimosato Y, Upton MP, Yokota J, Terada M, Ohira M, Sugimura T, Hirohashi S
- Issue date: 1988 Sep
- A comparative analysis of nuclear DNA content and N-myc gene amplification in neuroblastoma.
- Authors: Taylor SR, Locker J
- Issue date: 1990 Mar 15