Trophoblast glycoprotein recognised by monoclonal antibody 5T4 maps to human chromosome 6q14-q15.
AffiliationDepartment of Biochemical Genetics, Paterson Institute of Cancer Research, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHuman X rodent hybrids were stained by indirect immunofluorescence with 5T4, a murine monoclonal antibody that recognises a 72 kdalton glycoprotein expressed by human trophoblasts and a very restricted range of adult tissues; they were analysed by flow cytometry. Concordance analysis supported by segregation data allowed assignment of the gene controlling glycoprotein expression (M6P1) to chromosome 6. Similar analysis with translocation hybrids gave a regional assignment to 6q14-q15. M6P1 is distinct from NT5, coding for 5' nucleotidase, which maps to the same region.
CitationTrophoblast glycoprotein recognised by monoclonal antibody 5T4 maps to human chromosome 6q14-q15. 1990, 84 (5):455-8 Hum. Genet.
- Regional localization of a trophoblast antigen-related sequence and 16 other sequences to human chromosomes 6q using somatic cell hybrids.
- Authors: Boyle JM, Hey Y, Myers K, Stern PL, Grzeschik FH, Ikehara Y, Misumi Y, Fox M
- Issue date: 1992 Apr
- Regional localization of human ecto-5' nucleotidase to chromosome 6q14-q21.
- Authors: Boyle JM, Hey Y, Grzeschik KH, Thompson L, Munro E, Fox M
- Issue date: 1989 Sep
- Assignment of ecto-5'-nucleotidase to human chromosome 6.
- Authors: Boyle JM, Hey Y, Guerts van Kessel A, Fox M
- Issue date: 1988 Dec
- Isolation of a cDNA encoding 5T4 oncofetal trophoblast glycoprotein. An antigen associated with metastasis contains leucine-rich repeats.
- Authors: Myers KA, Rahi-Saund V, Davison MD, Young JA, Cheater AJ, Stern PL
- Issue date: 1994 Mar 25
- Regional assignment of human liver-type 6-phosphofructokinase to chromosome 21q22.3 by using somatic cell hybrids and a monoclonal anti-L antibody.
- Authors: Van Keuren M, Drabkin H, Hart I, Harker D, Patterson D, Vora S
- Issue date: 1986 Sep