Immunological response of nasopharyngeal carcinoma patients to the Epstein-Barr-virus-coded thymidine kinase expressed in Escherichia coli.
AffiliationCancer Research Campaign Laboratories, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA bacterial expression system which produces large amounts of the Epstein-Barr-virus-coded thymidine kinase has been developed and used to produce protein for Western blot analysis of a number of human antisera. Interestingly, only sera from nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) patients had any detectable IgA antibody which reacted with the EBV TK. These findings provided the basis for ELISA tests using a crude lysate of the E. coli cells expressing the EBV TK as target antigen. Sera from NPC patients showed high levels of IgA reactive antibodies in this test while other sera did not.
CitationImmunological response of nasopharyngeal carcinoma patients to the Epstein-Barr-virus-coded thymidine kinase expressed in Escherichia coli. 1990, 45 (6):1028-32 Int. J. Cancer
JournalInternational Journal of Cancer.
- Use of antigen expressed in bacteria for detection of EBV-specific thymidine kinase antibodies in sera from patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma.
- Authors: Hsu TY, Pai CY, Shieh SM, Cho SM, Liu MY, Chen JY, Yang CS
- Issue date: 1992 Nov
- Detection of IgA against Epstein-Barr virus BZLF-1 replication activator (ZEBRA) in sera of nasopharyngeal carcinoma patients with a recombinant ZEBRA protein.
- Authors: Shu CH, Tu TY, Lin LS, Ro LH, Lo MS, Huang CH, Chen KY, Liu WT
- Issue date: 1999 Jun
- Diagnosis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma by means of recombinant Epstein-Barr virus proteins.
- Authors: Littler E, Baylis SA, Zeng Y, Conway MJ, Mackett M, Arrand JR
- Issue date: 1991 Mar 23
- Single-assay combination of Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) EBNA1- and viral capsid antigen-p18-derived synthetic peptides for measuring anti-EBV immunoglobulin G (IgG) and IgA antibody levels in sera from nasopharyngeal carcinoma patients: options for field screening.
- Authors: Fachiroh J, Paramita DK, Hariwiyanto B, Harijadi A, Dahlia HL, Indrasari SR, Kusumo H, Zeng YS, Schouten T, Mubarika S, Middeldorp JM
- Issue date: 2006 Apr
- Serum and salivary IgA antibodies against a defined epitope of the Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen (EBNA) are elevated in nasopharyngeal carcinoma.
- Authors: Foong YT, Cheng HM, Sam CK, Dillner J, Hinderer W, Prasad U
- Issue date: 1990 Jun 15