Radiosensitivity increases with differentiation status of murine hemopoietic progenitor cells selected using enriched marrow subpopulations and recombinant growth factors.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiobiology, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe radiosensitivity of populations of colony-forming cells (CFC) in murine bone marrow was investigated using different recombinant colony-stimulating factors (CSFs; murine IL-3 and granulocyte-macrophage CSF and human granulocyte CSF), or purified murine macrophage CSF. With unfractionated normal bone marrow the CFC increased in radiosensitivity as they progressed through the granulocyte lineage. The D0 values ranged from 129 +/- 12 cGy for CFC stimulated with GM-CSF down to 42 +/- 2 cGy after stimulation with G-CSF. IL-3 stimulated a CFC population which gave the only survival curve with a shoulder (n = 1.9 +/- 0.3). With semipurified populations of primitive or bipotential CFC, D0 values were generally lower with respect to the equivalent values for unpurified bone marrow (range 62 +/- 7 cGy to 135 +/- 7 cGy). Changes in cluster/colony ratio and colony morphology together possibly with products of accessory cells influence the interpretation of the radiosensitivity parameters.
CitationRadiosensitivity increases with differentiation status of murine hemopoietic progenitor cells selected using enriched marrow subpopulations and recombinant growth factors. 1990, 123 (3):292-8 Radiat. Res.
- The radiosensitivity of populations of murine hemopoietic colony-forming cells that respond to combinations of growth factors.
- Authors: Baird MC, Hendry JH, Dexter MT, Testa NG
- Issue date: 1991 May
- Effects of recombinant cytokines on colony formation by irradiated human cord blood CD34+ hematopoietic progenitor cells.
- Authors: Goff JP, Shields DS, Boggs SS, Greenberger JS
- Issue date: 1997 Jan
- Recombinant murine GM-CSF increases resistance of some factor dependent hematopoietic progenitor cells to low-dose-rate gamma irradiation.
- Authors: FitzGerald TJ, Henault S, Santucci MA, Anklesaria P, Zak S, Kase K, Farber N, Pierce JH, Ohara A, Greenberger JS
- Issue date: 1989 Aug
- Regulation of differentiation of murine progenitor cells derived from blast cell colonies under serum-deprived conditions.
- Authors: Migliaccio G, Migliaccio AR, Kaushansky K, Adamson JW
- Issue date: 1989 Feb
- Histamine-producing cell-stimulating activity. Interleukin 3 and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor induce de novo synthesis of histidine decarboxylase in hemopoietic progenitor cells.
- Authors: Schneider E, Pollard H, Lepault F, Guy-Grand D, Minkowski M, Dy M
- Issue date: 1987 Dec 1