Tissue standard ratios for irregularly shaped radiotherapy fields.
AffiliationRegional Department of Medical Physics and Bioengineering, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA method of calculating dose for a 6 MV X-ray beam using tissue standard ratios (TSR) is described. TSRs may be divided into a primary component and a scatter component, and the latter can then be further divided into contributions from elemental scattering volumes of 1 cm x 1 cm cross-sectional area at 1 m from the source. The magnitude of the various components have been determined by analysing measurements of square and rectangular fields, involving the fitting of the scatter data to an exponential function of radial distance from the scatter element. The coefficient and exponent of this function were found to be functions of depth, and this variation is described. A method of utilizing reconstructed scatter data that is compatible with the motion of a multileaf collimator system is presented. Results obtained by re-combining the data for various non-standard geometries are compared with further experimental work.
CitationTissue standard ratios for irregularly shaped radiotherapy fields. 1990, 63 (752):629-34 Br J Radiol
JournalThe British Journal of Radiology
- Peripheral dose from uniform dynamic multileaf collimation fields: implications for sliding window intensity-modulated radiotherapy.
- Authors: Sharma DS, Animesh, Deshpande SS, Phurailatpam RD, Deshpande DD, Shrivastava SK, Dinshaw KA
- Issue date: 2006 Apr
- Tissue-maximum ratios for high-energy x rays.
- Authors: Dawson DJ
- Issue date: 1977 Sep-Oct
- An intercomparison between two methods of obtaining percentage depth doses for irregular shaped fields and comparison of each method with experimental data for 60Co and 10 MV X rays.
- Authors: Wrede D, Tai D, Edwards F, Coffey C, Schroader K
- Issue date: 1979 May
- The variation in output of symmetric, asymmetric and irregularly shaped wedged radiotherapy fields.
- Authors: Hounsell AR, Wilkinson JM
- Issue date: 1996 Oct
- [A mathematical description of the relative dosage distributions of stereotactic collimator tubes in 6-MV photon radiation].
- Authors: Müller J, Leetz HK, Vogelgesang U
- Issue date: 1993 Nov