Hemopoietic effects of short-term in vivo treatment of mice with various doses of rhG-CSF.
AffiliationDepartment of Experimental Haematology, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester, England.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRecombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (rhG-CSF) was injected s.c., twice daily, into normal adult male BDF1 mice for a period of 4-5 days in doses ranging from 10 to 2500 micrograms/kg/day. The number of peripheral blood cells and their morphology was examined daily from the beginning of the experiment for 6 days. On the 5th day of treatment parameters such as spleen weight and cellularity, bone marrow morphology and cellularity, content of granulocyte-macrophage colony-forming cells (GM-CFC) or multipotential stem cells (CFU-S) in spleen and marrow, and also histology of lung and liver were examined. We observed a dose-dependent increase in the number of blood neutrophils, and an increase in weight, cellularity, and numbers of GM-CFC and CFU-S in the spleen. In the bone marrow, cellularity decreased to 40% of normal. Numbers of GM-CFC and CFU-S in marrow were also decreased, and examination of marrow morphology revealed an inhibition of erythropoiesis.
CitationHemopoietic effects of short-term in vivo treatment of mice with various doses of rhG-CSF. 1990, 18 (1):27-31 Exp. Hematol.
- Effects of recombinant granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (rG-CSF) and recombinant granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (rGM-CSF) on acute radiation hematopoietic injury in mice.
- Authors: Tanikawa S, Nakao I, Tsuneoka K, Nara N
- Issue date: 1989 Sep
- The opposing actions in vivo on murine myelopoiesis of purified preparations of lactoferrin and the colony stimulating factors.
- Authors: Broxmeyer HE, Williams DE, Hangoc G, Cooper S, Gentile P, Shen RN, Ralph P, Gillis S, Bicknell DC
- Issue date: 1987
- Effect of cytokine treatment (granulocyte colony-stimulating factor and stem cell factor) on hematopoiesis and the circulating pool of hematopoietic stem cells in mice.
- Authors: Drize N, Chertkov J, Samoilina N, Zander A
- Issue date: 1996 Jun
- Stimulation of human hematopoietic progenitor cell proliferation and differentiation by recombinant human interleukin 3. Comparison and interactions with recombinant human granulocyte-macrophage and granulocyte colony-stimulating factors.
- Authors: Ottmann OG, Abboud M, Welte K, Souza LM, Pelus LM
- Issue date: 1989 Feb
- Effect of recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor on hematopoiesis in normal cats.
- Authors: Fulton R, Gasper PW, Ogilvie GK, Boone TC, Dornsife RE
- Issue date: 1991 Sep