Ifosfamide plus doxorubicin in previously untreated patients with advanced soft tissue sarcoma. The EORTC Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group.
Mouridsen, H T
Van Oosterom, A T
AffiliationInnere Klinik und Poliklinik, Universitatsklinikum Essen, F.R.G.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe objective of this phase II trial was to assess the therapeutic activity and toxicity of doxorubicin plus ifosfamide in previously untreated patients with advanced soft tissue sarcoma. Treatment was doxorubicin 50 mg/m2 followed by a 24 h infusion of ifosfamide 5 g/m2 plus mesna 2.5 g/m2 repeated every 3 weeks until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity occurred. Of 203 patients entered, 175 were evaluable for response. The response rate was 35% (95% CI 28-42%), with 9% of the patients achieving a complete remission and 26% a partial remission. The median time to progression was 29 weeks for all evaluable patients, and 67, 40 and 28 weeks for complete and partial responders and patients with stable disease, respectively. The median duration of survival was 58 weeks. Myelosuppression was the dose-limiting toxicity, resulting in leukopenia (WHO grade 3 and 4) in 73% of evaluable treatment courses. Other side-effects were rare and usually well manageable.
CitationIfosfamide plus doxorubicin in previously untreated patients with advanced soft tissue sarcoma. The EORTC Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group. 1990, 26 (5):558-61 Eur. J. Cancer
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer
- Ifosfamide plus doxorubicin in previously untreated patients with advanced soft-tissue sarcoma.
- Authors: Schütte J, Mouridsen HT, Steward W, Santoro A, van Oosterom AT, Somers R, Blackledge G, Verweij J, Dombernowsky P, Thomas D
- Issue date: 1993
- A phase II study of ifosfamide/mesna with doxorubicin for adult soft tissue sarcoma.
- Authors: Cantwell BM, Carmichael J, Ghani S, Harris AL
- Issue date: 1988
- Doxorubicin alone versus intensified doxorubicin plus ifosfamide for first-line treatment of advanced or metastatic soft-tissue sarcoma: a randomised controlled phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Judson I, Verweij J, Gelderblom H, Hartmann JT, Schöffski P, Blay JY, Kerst JM, Sufliarsky J, Whelan J, Hohenberger P, Krarup-Hansen A, Alcindor T, Marreaud S, Litière S, Hermans C, Fisher C, Hogendoorn PC, dei Tos AP, van der Graaf WT, European Organisation and Treatment of Cancer Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group.
- Issue date: 2014 Apr
- Doxorubicin plus ifosfamide with rhGM-CSF in the treatment of advanced adult soft-tissue sarcomas: preliminary results of a phase II study from the EORTC Soft-Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group.
- Authors: Steward WP, Verweij J, Somers R, Blackledge G, Clavel M, Van Oosterom AT, Greifenberg B, Soedirman J, Thomas D, Van Glabbeke M
- Issue date: 1991
- Phase I multicenter study of combined high-dose ifosfamide and doxorubicin in the treatment of advanced sarcomas. Swiss Group for Clinical Research (SAKK).
- Authors: Leyvraz S, Bacchi M, Cerny T, Lissoni A, Sessa C, Bressoud A, Hermann R
- Issue date: 1998 Aug