AffiliationDepartment of Epidemiology and Social Oncology, Christie Hospital, Manchester.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCervical cytological screening has been available in the UK for several decades, but has not achieved a significant reduction in the incidence of and mortality from cervical cancer. In this paper we describe past problems of cervical screening, discuss the impact of recent innovations to computerize call and recall, and suggest further improvements for the future.
CitationTrends in the organization of cervical cancer screening. 1990, 110 (1):17-9 J R Soc Health
JournalJournal of the Royal Society of Health
- [Screening for cervical cancer in the county of Funen. Status of 25 years of development and experiences].
- Authors: Hølund B, Grinsted P
- Issue date: 2006 May 29
- Problems of follow-up for abnormal cervical smears: discussion paper.
- Authors: Ellman R
- Issue date: 1990 Feb
- A computer-managed call and recall system for cervical screening.
- Authors: Haran D, Hobbs P, Pendleton LL, Elkind A, Eardley A, Spencer B
- Issue date: 1986 Mar
- New tests in cervical screening.
- Authors: Raffle AE
- Issue date: 1998 Jan 24
- Cervical screening: what is the point?
- Authors: McCartney P
- Issue date: 1995 Jul 22