Prognostic relevance of serum hyaluronan levels in patients with breast cancer.
AffiliationDepartment of Clinical Research, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe serum hyaluronan (HA) level of 238 women with breast cancer was measured by means of a specific radiometric assay. The results show no significant increase in serum HA when compared to levels in 120 control sera. A number of prognostic factors were evaluated including stage of disease, lymph-node involvement, tumour size, histology and presence of oestrogen and progesterone receptors in the tumour. No correlation was found with serum HA concentration and we conclude that serum HA level is of no prognostic significance in breast cancer.
CitationPrognostic relevance of serum hyaluronan levels in patients with breast cancer. 1992, 52 (6):873-6 Int. J. Cancer
JournalInternational Journal of Cancer.
- Pretreatment values of serum CA 15-3 antigen related to prognostic factors in breast cancer patients.
- Authors: Wojtacki J, Dziewulska-Bokiniec A, Kowalski DM, Zółtowska A, Ciesielski D, Suszko M
- Issue date: 1996
- Prognostic significance of steroid hormone receptors and histopathological characterization of human breast cancer.
- Authors: Reiner A, Kolb R, Reiner G, Jakesz R, Schemper M, Spona J
- Issue date: 1987
- 67-kDa laminin-receptor expression adds prognostic information to intra-tumoral microvessel density in node-negative breast cancer.
- Authors: Gasparini G, Barbareschi M, Boracchi P, Bevilacqua P, Verderio P, Dalla Palma P, Ménard S
- Issue date: 1995 Mar 3
- Defining a high mortality risk group among women with primary breast cancer.
- Authors: Nordén T, Lindgren A, Bergström R, Holmberg L
- Issue date: 1994 Mar
- Absent progesterone receptor expression in the lymph node metastases of ER-positive, HER2-negative breast cancer is associated with relapse on tamoxifen.
- Authors: Snell CE, Gough M, Middleton K, Hsieh M, Furnas L, Seidl B, Gibbons K, Pyke C, Shannon C, Woodward N, Armes JE
- Issue date: 2017 Nov