Recombinant human interleukin 4 (IL-4) given as daily subcutaneous injections--a phase I dose toxicity trial.
AuthorsGilleece, Maria H
Scarffe, J Howard
Ghosh, Anna K
Heyworth, Clare M
Testa, Nydia G
Stern, Peter L
Dexter, T Michael
AffiliationCancer Research Campaign, Department of Experimental Haematology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, U.K.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRecombinant Interleukin 4 was administered by subcutaneous injection at daily doses of 0.5, 1.0 or 5.0 micrograms kg-1 to nine patients as part of a Phase I Dose Toxicity Study. Dose limiting toxicity was reached at 5 micrograms kg-1 day-1. Symptoms of toxicity included fatigue, 'flu like symptoms and elevated liver enzymes. Modest but significant elevations of neutrophil and platelet counts occurred. No clear evidence of antitumour effects emerged although pain in metastatic lymph nodes and a small fall in myeloma paraprotein levels during dosing were observed. In vitro and murine in vivo studies indicate that patients with lymphoproliferative disease should be selected for Phase II trials.
CitationRecombinant human interleukin 4 (IL-4) given as daily subcutaneous injections--a phase I dose toxicity trial. 1992, 66 (1):204-10 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- A phase I trial of recombinant human interleukin-6 in patients with myelodysplastic syndromes and thrombocytopenia.
- Authors: Gordon MS, Nemunaitis J, Hoffman R, Paquette RL, Rosenfeld C, Manfreda S, Isaacs R, Nimer SD
- Issue date: 1995 Jun 1
- A phase II study of recombinant human interleukin-4 for advanced or recurrent non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Vokes EE, Figlin R, Hochster H, Lotze M, Rybak ME
- Issue date: 1998 Jan-Feb
- Phase I trial of recombinant human macrophage colony-stimulating factor administered by continuous intravenous infusion in patients with metastatic cancer.
- Authors: Cole DJ, Sanda MG, Yang JC, Schwartzentruber DJ, Weber J, Ettinghausen SE, Pockaj BA, Kim HI, Levin RD, Pogrebniak HW
- Issue date: 1994 Jan 5
- Concurrent phase I trials of intravenous interleukin 6 in solid tumor patients: reversible dose-limiting neurological toxicity.
- Authors: Sosman JA, Aronson FR, Sznol M, Atkins MB, Dutcher JP, Weiss GR, Isaacs RE, Margolin KA, Fisher RI, Ernest ML, Mier J, Oleksowicz L, Eckhardt JR, Levitt D, Doroshow JH
- Issue date: 1997 Jan
- Phase I study of intravenously administered bacterially synthesized granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor and comparison with subcutaneous administration.
- Authors: Lieschke GJ, Maher D, O'Connor M, Green M, Sheridan W, Rallings M, Bonnem E, Burgess AW, McGrath K, Fox RM
- Issue date: 1990 Feb 1