Computed tomographic assessment of intraperitoneal fluid distribution prior to intraperitoneal chemotherapy for ovarian cancer.
AffiliationChristie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Department of Radiology, Withington, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIntraperitoneal chemotherapy (IPCT) is under evaluation in patients with ovarian cancer. Computed tomographic peritoneography (CTP) prior to IPCT establishes the distribution of the infusate, which if complete, demonstrates the patient's suitability for this method of treatment. We report our method of CTP and describe the intraperitoneal fluid distribution and complications encountered in 28 patients with advanced ovarian carcinoma being considered for IPCT.
CitationComputed tomographic assessment of intraperitoneal fluid distribution prior to intraperitoneal chemotherapy for ovarian cancer. 1992, 65 (772):295-7 Br J Radiol
JournalThe British Journal of Radiology
- Intraperitoneal contrast infusion for assessment of intraperitoneal fluid dynamics.
- Authors: Dunnick NR, Jones RB, Doppman JL, Speyer J, Myers CE
- Issue date: 1979 Aug
- Computed tomographic peritoneography prior to intraperitoneal chemotherapy in advanced Müllerian cancer: a pilot study.
- Authors: Barlin JN, Bristow RE, Bleich K, Giuntoli RL 2nd, Thompson S, Diaz-Montes TP
- Issue date: 2010 May-Jun
- Computerized tomography with and without intraperitoneal contrast for determination of intraabdominal fluid distribution and diagnosis of complications in peritoneal dialysis patients.
- Authors: Twardowski ZJ, Tully RJ, Ersoy FF, Dedhia NM
- Issue date: 1990 Apr-Jun
- [X-ray computed tomographic aspects of gelatinous disease of the peritoneum. Apropos of 5 cases].
- Authors: Rieux D, Laufenburger A, Soulier A, Caron-Poitreau C
- Issue date: 1985 Apr
- SPECT of the peritoneal cavity: method for delineating intraperitoneal fluid distribution.
- Authors: Wahl RL, Gyves J, Gross BH, Cochran M, Juni JE, Arnstein NB, Lahti D, Ackermann RJ
- Issue date: 1989 Jun