Translocations involving 12p in acute myeloid leukemia: association with prior myelodysplasia and exposure to mutagenic agents.
AuthorsHarrison, Christine J
AffiliationUKCCG, Dept. of Haematology, The Royal Free Hospital and School of Medicine, Pond St,. London NW3 2QG, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSix cases of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) with translocations involving 12p are described. The patients were one child age 7 yrs and five adults with an age range of 20-66 yrs (median 46 yrs). In two patients AML followed treatment for acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), in one case after 11 years disease-free survival. Of the remaining four patients, two had been occupationally exposed to possible mutagens and three had a previous myelodysplastic phase. Two patients achieved complete remission; survival for the six cases was between 1 and 24 months (median 6.5 months). The breakpoints in 12p occurred in p11, p12, and p13, indicating that several sites are important in these rearrangements, and it is suggested that t(12;17)(p11;q11) is a new nonrandom abnormality in AML.
CitationTranslocations involving 12p in acute myeloid leukemia: association with prior myelodysplasia and exposure to mutagenic agents. United Kingdom Cancer Cytogenetics Group (UKCCG). 1992, 5 (3):252-4 Genes Chromosomes Cancer
JournalGenes, Chromosomes & Cancer
- Translocations between the long arms of chromosomes 1 and 5 in hematologic malignancies are strongly associated with neoplasms of the myeloid lineages.
- Authors: Johansson B, Brøndum-Nielsen K, Billström R, Schiødt I, Mitelman F
- Issue date: 1997 Dec
- dic(5;17): a recurring abnormality in malignant myeloid disorders associated with mutations of TP53.
- Authors: Wang P, Spielberger RT, Thangavelu M, Zhao N, Davis EM, Iannantuoni K, Larson RA, Le Beau MM
- Issue date: 1997 Nov
- Clinical-cytogenetic associations in 306 patients with therapy-related myelodysplasia and myeloid leukemia: the University of Chicago series.
- Authors: Smith SM, Le Beau MM, Huo D, Karrison T, Sobecks RM, Anastasi J, Vardiman JW, Rowley JD, Larson RA
- Issue date: 2003 Jul 1
- Different genetic pathways in leukemogenesis for patients presenting with therapy-related myelodysplasia and therapy-related acute myeloid leukemia.
- Authors: Pedersen-Bjergaard J, Pedersen M, Roulston D, Philip P
- Issue date: 1995 Nov 1