Translocations involving 9p and/or 12p in acute lymphoblastic leukemia. United Kingdom Cancer Cytogenetics Group (UKCCG).
AuthorsHarrison, Christine J
AffiliationUKCCG, Dept. of Haematology, The Royal Free Hospital and School of Medicine, Pond St., London NW3 2QG, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFifteen cases of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) with translocations involving 9p and/or 12p are described. Four children, three males and one female, age range 1-8 yrs, had translocations involving 9p but not 12p. Of these, three had B-lineage ALL and one had biphenotypic T-ALL/acute myeloid leukemia. Six patients, three males and three females, age range 1-49 yrs, had translocations involving 12p but not 9p. Five had B-lineage ALL and one had T-ALL. One patient had dic(7;12)(p11;p11), confirming that this previously reported translocation is nonrandom in ALL. One patient had t(2;12)(q14;p13), and it is suggested that this may also be a new nonrandom abnormality. Five patients, four males and one female, age range 11-21 yrs, had common ALL and dic(9;12). The dic(9;12) appears to confer a better prognosis than do other translocations involving 9p or 12p.
CitationTranslocations involving 9p and/or 12p in acute lymphoblastic leukemia. United Kingdom Cancer Cytogenetics Group (UKCCG). 1992, 5 (3):255-9 Genes Chromosomes Cancer
JournalGenes, Chromosomes & Cancer
- New recurring chromosomal translocations in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Authors: Raimondi SC, Privitera E, Williams DL, Look AT, Behm F, Rivera GK, Crist WM, Pui CH
- Issue date: 1991 May 1
- Two additional cases of t dic(9:12) in acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL): prognosis in ALL with dic(9:12).
- Authors: Huret JL, Heerema NA, Brizard A, Provisor AJ, Benz-Lemoine E, Guilhot F, Savage JR, Tanzer J
- Issue date: 1990 Jun
- Microsatellite analysis of childhood leukemia: correlation of 9p and 12p chromosome abnormalities with expression of related genes.
- Authors: Nishimura R, Niida Y, Saikawa Y, Goto Y, Noguchi T, Ichihara T, Koizumi S
- Issue date: 1999 Aug
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization analysis of whole-arm 7;12 translocations in hematologic malignancies.
- Authors: Johansson B, Arheden K, Höglund M, Othzén A, Békássy AN, Turesson I, Heim S, Mitelman F
- Issue date: 1995 Sep