Prognostic relevance of DNA ploidy in rhabdomyosarcomas and other sarcomas of childhood.
AffiliationChristie Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA study of DNA content by flow cytometry revealed a significant difference between rhabdomyosarcomas, which were mainly non-diploid, and other sarcomas of children which were mainly diploid (p = 0.01). There was no association between DNA ploidy and survival or aggressive behaviour of the tumour as indicated for example by advanced clinical stage or unfavourable histology. While DNA ploidy correlated with age, it did not correlate with any other clinical characteristic. The apparent lack of prognostic value of DNA content may have been masked by some high CV values and overridden by the effect of chemotherapy which was the most significant variable in determining a patient's survival (p = 0.00005).
CitationPrognostic relevance of DNA ploidy in rhabdomyosarcomas and other sarcomas of childhood., 12 (4):1173-7 Anticancer Res
- Flow and image cytometric DNA analysis in rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Authors: Kowal-Vern A, Gonzalez-Crussi F, Turner J, Trujillo YP, Chou P, Herman C, Castelli M, Walloch J
- Issue date: 1990 Sep 15
- Prognostic significance of DNA ploidy and proliferative index (MIB-1 index) in childhood rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Authors: San Miguel-Fraile P, Carrillo-Gijón R, Rodriguez-Peralto JL, Badiola IA
- Issue date: 2004 Mar
- Prognostic value of DNA ploidy status in patients with rectal cancer.
- Authors: Berczi C, Bocsi J, Bartha I, Math J, Balazs G
- Issue date: 2002 Nov-Dec
- DNA ploidy in soft tissue sarcoma: comparison of flow and image cytometry with clinical follow-up in 93 patients.
- Authors: Dreinhöfer KE, Baldetorp B, Akerman M, Fernö M, Rydholm A, Gustafson P
- Issue date: 2002 Feb 15
- [Correlation of DNA ploidy in fresh tumor tissues to prognosis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma].
- Authors: Han F, Wang HY, Xia YF, Liu MZ, Zhao C, Lu TX
- Issue date: 2007 Sep