Flow cytometric DNA characteristics of radiation colitis--a preliminary study.
AffiliationDepartment of Histopathology, University Hospital of South Manchester, West Didsbury, England.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe DNA status of 12 rectal biopsies, taken during the investigation of radiation proctitis, was investigated. Of these six were in the acute phase and six in the chronic phase. All of the acute biopsies had diploid DNA, despite bizarre histological epithelial cell appearances. Two of the chronic phase biopsies were to have aneuploid DNA profiles. This finding may be relevant to the increased risk of malignancy in irradiated tissues.
CitationFlow cytometric DNA characteristics of radiation colitis--a preliminary study., 12 (5):1647-9 Anticancer Res
- Early detection of malignancy in ulcerative colitis. A flow-cytometric DNA study.
- Authors: Hammarberg C, Slezak P, Tribukait B
- Issue date: 1984 Jan 15
- Acute radiation colitis in patients treated with short-term preoperative radiotherapy for rectal cancer.
- Authors: Leupin N, Curschmann J, Kranzbühler H, Maurer CA, Laissue JA, Mazzucchelli L
- Issue date: 2002 Apr
- Alteration of DNA ploidy status and cell proliferation induced by preoperative radiotherapy is a prognostic factor in rectal cancer.
- Authors: Lammering G, Taher MM, Gruenagel HH, Borchard F, Porschen R
- Issue date: 2000 Aug
- DNA flow cytometric evaluation of cell cycle distribution in ulcerative colitis: a proposed method for assessing severity of disease.
- Authors: Bortoluzzi F, Valentini M, Cernigoi C, Toffoli G, Boiocchi M, Poletti M, Sozzi M, Fornasarig M, Cannizzaro R, Bertolissi E
- Issue date: 1995 Jan
- Flow cytometric DNA analysis of ulcerative colitis using paraffin-embedded biopsy specimens: comparison with morphology and DNA analysis of fresh samples.
- Authors: Hartmann DP, Montgomery EA, Carr NJ, Gupta PK, Azumi N
- Issue date: 1995 Apr