Flow cytometric DNA characteristics of radiation colitis--a preliminary study.
AffiliationDepartment of Histopathology, University Hospital of South Manchester, West Didsbury, England.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe DNA status of 12 rectal biopsies, taken during the investigation of radiation proctitis, was investigated. Of these six were in the acute phase and six in the chronic phase. All of the acute biopsies had diploid DNA, despite bizarre histological epithelial cell appearances. Two of the chronic phase biopsies were to have aneuploid DNA profiles. This finding may be relevant to the increased risk of malignancy in irradiated tissues.
CitationFlow cytometric DNA characteristics of radiation colitis--a preliminary study., 12 (5):1647-9 Anticancer Res
- Alteration of DNA ploidy status and cell proliferation induced by preoperative radiotherapy is a prognostic factor in rectal cancer.
- Authors: Lammering G, Taher MM, Gruenagel HH, Borchard F, Porschen R
- Issue date: 2000 Aug
- Flow cytometric DNA analysis of ulcerative colitis using paraffin-embedded biopsy specimens: comparison with morphology and DNA analysis of fresh samples.
- Authors: Hartmann DP, Montgomery EA, Carr NJ, Gupta PK, Azumi N
- Issue date: 1995 Apr
- [Flow cytometric analysis of cellular DNA content in Barret's esophagus. A study of 66 cases].
- Authors: Robaszkiewicz M, Hardy E, Volant A, Nousbaum JB, Cauvin JM, Calament G, Robert FX, Saleun JP, Gouerou H
- Issue date: 1991
- Flow cytometric DNA ploidy and cells phase fractions in recurrent human pituitary adenomas. A correlative study of flow cytometric analysis and the expression of proliferating cell nuclear antigen.
- Authors: Chae YS, Flotte T, Hsu DW, Preffer F, Hedley-Whyte ET
- Issue date: 1996 Oct
- An improved Hedley method for preparation of paraffin-embedded tissues for flow cytometric analysis of ploidy and S-phase.
- Authors: Heiden T, Wang N, Tribukait B
- Issue date: 1991