AffiliationCRC Psychological Medicine Group, Christie Hospital, Manchester, U.K.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractConsiderable progress has been made in the methodology of quality of life research and we now need to judge the clinical utility of this approach in clinical trials. Some of the logistic problems in implementing these studies are formidable, however, and this has contributed to a slow uptake of quality of life research in clinical practice. Pragmatic guidelines are now needed to help overcome problems of implementation and analysis. Further adaptation and refinement of instruments will be needed to meet new challenges in the field, but we must be selective in our research initiatives and ensure that quality of life becomes translated into improved patient care.
CitationProgress, problems and priorities in quality of life research. 1992, 28A (10):1748-52 Eur J Cancer
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer
- [Quality of life in cancer patients].
- Authors: Takeda F
- Issue date: 1989 Apr
- Protocol for a phase III pragmatic stepped wedge cluster randomised controlled trial comparing the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of screening and guidelines with, versus without, implementation strategies for improving pain in adults with cancer attending outpatient oncology and palliative care services: the Stop Cancer PAIN trial.
- Authors: Luckett T, Phillips J, Agar M, Lam L, Davidson PM, McCaffrey N, Boyle F, Shaw T, Currow DC, Read A, Hosie A, Lovell M
- Issue date: 2018 Jul 16
- Culture of Care: Organizational Responsibilities
- Authors: Brown MJ, Symonowicz C, Medina LV, Bratcher NA, Buckmaster CA, Klein H, Anderson LC, Weichbrod RH, Thompson GAH, Norton JN
- Issue date: 2018
- [Progress in palliative medicine].
- Authors: Ishitani K
- Issue date: 1999 Jun
- Improving the management of pain from advanced cancer in the community: study protocol for a pragmatic multicentre randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Allsop MJ, Wright-Hughes A, Black K, Hartley S, Fletcher M, Ziegler LE, Bewick BM, Meads D, Hughes ND, Closs SJ, Hulme C, Taylor S, Flemming K, Hackett J, O'Dwyer JL, Brown JM, Bennett MI
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 22