AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSulofenur is a novel diarylsulfonylurea with proven anti-tumor activity in murine tumor models. In this phase II study in patients with advanced gastric or gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma, 17 patients were treated with sulofenur orally at 700 mg/m2 for 14 days every 3 weeks. No tumor responses were seen. The main toxicities were anemia, methemoglobinemia and abnormalities in liver function tests. These toxicities precluded dose escalation. However, plasma levels of sulofenur, and its hydroxy and keto metabolites were probably insufficient to exert anti-tumor effect in comparison with data from murine studies. Further structure-activity studies are warranted.
CitationA phase II study of sulofenur (LY186641) in gastric cancer. 1992, 3 (4):331-5 Anticancer Drugs
- Phase I trial of sulofenur (LY186641) given orally on a daily x 21 schedule.
- Authors: Brown TD, O'Rourke TJ, Kuhn JG, Craig JB, Havlin K, Burris HA 3rd, Cagnola J, Hamilton JM, Grindey GB, Satterlee WG
- Issue date: 1994 Apr
- Antitumor activity and clinical pharmacology of sulofenur in ovarian cancer.
- Authors: Taylor CW, Alberts DS, Peng YM, McCloskey TM, Matzner M, Roe DJ, Plezia PM, Grindey GB, Hamilton M, Seitz D
- Issue date: 1992 Dec 2
- Phase II trial of the novel sulphonylurea sulofenur in advanced breast cancer.
- Authors: Talbot DC, Smith IE, Nicolson MC, Powles TJ, Button D, Walling J
- Issue date: 1993
- Efficacy of sulofenur and a second generation diarylsulfonylurea, N-[5-(2,3-dihydrobenzofuryl)sulfonyl]-N'-(3,4-dichlorophenyl)urea (LY295501), against colon adenocarcinoma xenografts.
- Authors: Houghton PJ, Cheshire PJ, Myers L, Lutz L, Toth J, Grindey GB, Houghton JA
- Issue date: 1995 Apr
- Phase II study of sulofenur (LY 186641). A novel antineoplastic agent in advanced non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Munshi NC, Seitz DE, Fossella F, Lippman SM, Einhorn LH
- Issue date: 1993 Feb