AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSulofenur is a novel diarylsulfonylurea with proven anti-tumor activity in murine tumor models. In this phase II study in patients with advanced gastric or gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma, 17 patients were treated with sulofenur orally at 700 mg/m2 for 14 days every 3 weeks. No tumor responses were seen. The main toxicities were anemia, methemoglobinemia and abnormalities in liver function tests. These toxicities precluded dose escalation. However, plasma levels of sulofenur, and its hydroxy and keto metabolites were probably insufficient to exert anti-tumor effect in comparison with data from murine studies. Further structure-activity studies are warranted.
CitationA phase II study of sulofenur (LY186641) in gastric cancer. 1992, 3 (4):331-5 Anticancer Drugs
- Antitumor activity and clinical pharmacology of sulofenur in ovarian cancer.
- Authors: Taylor CW, Alberts DS, Peng YM, McCloskey TM, Matzner M, Roe DJ, Plezia PM, Grindey GB, Hamilton M, Seitz D
- Issue date: 1992 Dec 2
- Phase I trial of sulofenur (LY186641) given orally on a daily x 21 schedule.
- Authors: Brown TD, O'Rourke TJ, Kuhn JG, Craig JB, Havlin K, Burris HA 3rd, Cagnola J, Hamilton JM, Grindey GB, Satterlee WG
- Issue date: 1994 Apr
- Phase I clinical study of N-[(4-chlorophenyl)amino]carbonyl-2,3-dihydro-1H-indene-5-sulfonamide (LY186641).
- Authors: Hainsworth JD, Hande KR, Satterlee WG, Kuttesch J, Johnson DH, Grindey G, Jackson LE, Greco FA
- Issue date: 1989 Sep 15
- Efficacy of sulofenur and a second generation diarylsulfonylurea, N-[5-(2,3-dihydrobenzofuryl)sulfonyl]-N'-(3,4-dichlorophenyl)urea (LY295501), against colon adenocarcinoma xenografts.
- Authors: Houghton PJ, Cheshire PJ, Myers L, Lutz L, Toth J, Grindey GB, Houghton JA
- Issue date: 1995 Apr
- Paclitaxel and concurrent radiation therapy for locally advanced adenocarcinomas of the pancreas, stomach, and gastroesophageal junction.
- Authors: Safran H, Akerman P, Cioffi W, Gaissert H, Joseph P, King T, Hesketh PJ, Wanebo H
- Issue date: 1999 Apr