Immunohistochemical localisation of transforming growth factor-beta in first and third trimester human placenta.
AffiliationInstitute of Endocrinology, Immunology and Nutrition, INEPT, Semun, Yugoslavia.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRecently it has been demonstrated that human placental tissue is a source of transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) and that it expresses high TGF-beta mRNA activity. For a better understanding of its in vivo function, it was necessary to determine the site of TGF-beta synthesis in placenta. We have demonstrated that TGF-beta immunoreactivity is present in the cytoplasm of syncytiotrophoblast cells in both early and term placenta. The most intense staining was, however, observed in the first trimester trophoblast syncytial sprouts known to be an early stage in the development of placental villi. These results suggest the involvement of TGF-beta in the paracrine regulation of trophoblast-endometrial interaction.
CitationImmunohistochemical localisation of transforming growth factor-beta in first and third trimester human placenta. 1992, 60 (3):149-51 Pathobiology
- Localization of transforming growth factor-beta at the human fetal-maternal interface: role in trophoblast growth and differentiation.
- Authors: Graham CH, Lysiak JJ, McCrae KR, Lala PK
- Issue date: 1992 Apr
- Localization of transforming growth factor beta and its natural inhibitor decorin in the human placenta and decidua throughout gestation.
- Authors: Lysiak JJ, Hunt J, Pringle GA, Lala PK
- Issue date: 1995 Apr
- Characteristic differences in immunohistochemical localization of new placental proteins (PP1, PP19, PP21) in the human placenta.
- Authors: Takayama M, Isaka K, Ogawa T, Funayama H, Yamabe S, Soma H, Bohn H
- Issue date: 1988
- Immunohistochemical localization of inhibin/activin subunits in human placenta.
- Authors: Minami S, Yamoto M, Nakano R
- Issue date: 1992 Sep
- Transforming growth factor-beta(1), -beta(2), -beta(3) and their type I and II receptors in human term placenta.
- Authors: Schilling B, Yeh J
- Issue date: 2000