Irradiated Blm-deficient mice are a highly tumor prone model for analysis of a broad spectrum of hematologic malignancies.
Howat, William J
Fredrickson, Torgny N
Morse, Herbert C
AffiliationWellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMutations in the BLM gene cause human Bloom syndrome (BS), an autosomal recessive disorder of growth retardation, immunodeficiency and cancer predisposition. Homozygous null Blm(m3/m3) mice are cancer prone with a 5-fold increased risk of cancer compared with Blm(m3/+) and Blm(+/+) mice. Irradiation of Blm(m3/m3) mice increased the risk to 28-fold. Tumors occurred mainly in the hematopoietic system and were similar to those in BS based on detailed histologic and immunohistochemical analyses. Irradiated Blm-deficient mice thus provide a novel model for understanding accelerated malignancies in BS and a new platform for investigating the molecular basis for a wide range of hematopoietic neoplasms.
CitationIrradiated Blm-deficient mice are a highly tumor prone model for analysis of a broad spectrum of hematologic malignancies. 2010, 34 (2):210-20 Leuk Res
- Augmented cell death with Bloom syndrome helicase deficiency.
- Authors: Kaneko H, Fukao T, Kasahara K, Yamada T, Kondo N
- Issue date: 2011 Jul-Aug
- Expression of BLM (the causative gene for Bloom syndrome) and screening of Bloom syndrome.
- Authors: Morimoto W, Kaneko H, Isogai K, Kasahara K, Kondo N
- Issue date: 2002 Jul
- Mutator Phenotype and DNA Double-Strand Break Repair in BLM Helicase-Deficient Human Cells.
- Authors: Suzuki T, Yasui M, Honma M
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 1
- A novel frameshift mutation in BLM gene associated with high sister chromatid exchanges (SCE) in heterozygous family members.
- Authors: Ben Salah G, Hadj Salem I, Masmoudi A, Kallabi F, Turki H, Fakhfakh F, Ayadi H, Kamoun H
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- Deficiency of Bloom syndrome helicase activity is radiomimetic.
- Authors: Horowitz DP, Topaloglu O, Zhang Y, Bunz F
- Issue date: 2008 Nov