Bronstein, M D
Casanueva, F F
Trainer, Peter J
AffiliationDepartment of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Brescia, Endocrine Service, Montichiari Hospital, Via Ciotti 154, 25018 Montichiari, Italy. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOBJECTIVE: The Acromegaly Consensus Group met in April 2009 to revisit the guidelines on criteria for cure as defined in 2000. PARTICIPANTS: Participants included 74 neurosurgeons and endocrinologists with extensive experience of treating acromegaly. EVIDENCE/CONSENSUS PROCESS: Relevant assays, biochemical measures, clinical outcomes, and definition of disease control were discussed, based on the available published evidence, and the strength of consensus statements was rated. CONCLUSIONS: Criteria to define active acromegaly and disease control were agreed, and several significant changes were made to the 2000 guidelines. Appropriate methods of measuring and achieving disease control were summarized.
CitationA consensus on criteria for cure of acromegaly. 2010, 95 (7):3141-8 J Clin Endocrinol Metab
JournalThe Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
- [Consensus on the change of criteria for cure of acromegaly during the last decade].
- Authors: Kovács GL, Dénes J, Hubina E, Kovács L, Czirják S, Góth M
- Issue date: 2011 May 1
- Diagnosis and treatment of acromegaly and its complications: consensus guidelines.
- Authors: Bonadonna S, Doga M, Gola M, Mazziotti G, Giustina A
- Issue date: 2005
- Review of Cortina criteria for the diagnosis of acromegaly.
- Authors: degli Uberti EC, Bondanelli M, Ambrosio MR, Zatelli MC
- Issue date: 2005
- Criteria for cure of acromegaly: a consensus statement.
- Authors: Giustina A, Barkan A, Casanueva FF, Cavagnini F, Frohman L, Ho K, Veldhuis J, Wass J, Von Werder K, Melmed S
- Issue date: 2000 Feb
- Editorial: acromegaly--consensus, what consensus?
- Authors: Trainer PJ
- Issue date: 2002 Aug