The amino-terminal TPR domain of Dia2 tethers SCF(Dia2) to the replisome progression complex.
AffiliationCancer Research UK Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, University of Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEukaryotic cells contain multiple versions of the E3 ubiquitin ligase known as the SCF (Skp1/cullin/F box), each of which is distinguished by a different F box protein that uses a domain at the carboxyl terminus to recognize substrates [1, 2]. The F box protein Dia2 is an important determinant of genome stability in budding yeast [3-5], but its mode of action is poorly understood. Here we show that SCF(Dia2) associates with the replisome progression complex (RPC) that assembles around the MCM2-7 helicase at DNA replication forks . This interaction requires the RPC components Mrc1 and Ctf4, both of which associate with a tetratricopeptide repeat (TPR) domain located at the amino terminus of Dia2. Our data indicate that the TPR domain of Dia2 tethers SCF(Dia2) to the RPC, probably increasing the local concentration of the ligase at DNA replication forks. This regulation becomes important in cells that accumulate stalled DNA replication forks at protein-DNA barriers, perhaps aiding the interaction of SCF(Dia2) with key substrates. Our findings suggest that the amino-terminal domains of other F box proteins might also play an analogous regulatory role, controlling the localization of the cognate SCF complexes.
CitationThe amino-terminal TPR domain of Dia2 tethers SCF(Dia2) to the replisome progression complex. 2009, 19 (22):1943-9 Curr. Biol.
- Tethering of SCF(Dia2) to the Replisome Promotes Efficient Ubiquitylation and Disassembly of the CMG Helicase.
- Authors: Maculins T, Nkosi PJ, Nishikawa H, Labib K
- Issue date: 2015 Aug 31
- SCF(Dia2) regulates DNA replication forks during S-phase in budding yeast.
- Authors: Mimura S, Komata M, Kishi T, Shirahige K, Kamura T
- Issue date: 2009 Dec 2
- The F-box protein Dia2 overcomes replication impedance to promote genome stability in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Authors: Blake D, Luke B, Kanellis P, Jorgensen P, Goh T, Penfold S, Breitkreutz BJ, Durocher D, Peter M, Tyers M
- Issue date: 2006 Dec
- Activation of the S-phase checkpoint inhibits degradation of the F-box protein Dia2.
- Authors: Kile AC, Koepp DM
- Issue date: 2010 Jan
- The F-box protein Dia2 regulates DNA replication.
- Authors: Koepp DM, Kile AC, Swaminathan S, Rodriguez-Rivera V
- Issue date: 2006 Apr