An efficient synthetic strategy for obtaining 4-methoxy carbon isotope labeled combretastatin A-4 phosphate and other Z-combretastatins.
AffiliationCancer Research Institute and Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona 85287-1604, USA. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHuman cancer and other clinical trials under development employing combretastatin A-4 phosphate (1b, CA4P) should benefit from the availability of a [(11)C]-labeled derivative for positron emission tomography (PET). In order to obtain a suitable precursor for addition of a [(11)C]methyl group at the penultimate step, several new synthetic pathways to CA4P were evaluated. Geometrical isomerization (Z to E) proved to be a challenge, but it was overcome by development of a new CA4P synthesis suitable for 4-methoxy isotope labeling.
CitationAn efficient synthetic strategy for obtaining 4-methoxy carbon isotope labeled combretastatin A-4 phosphate and other Z-combretastatins. 2010, 73 (3):399-403 J. Nat. Prod.
JournalJournal of Natural Products
- Design, synthesis, biochemical, and biological evaluation of nitrogen-containing trifluoro structural modifications of combretastatin A-4.
- Authors: Hall JJ, Sriram M, Strecker TE, Tidmore JK, Jelinek CJ, Kumar GD, Hadimani MB, Pettit GR, Chaplin DJ, Trawick ML, Pinney KG
- Issue date: 2008 Sep 15
- Synthesis and evaluation of double bond substituted combretastatins.
- Authors: Hadfield JA, Gaukroger K, Hirst N, Weston AP, Lawrence NJ, McGown AT
- Issue date: 2005 Jun
- Synthesis and cytotoxic activity of a new group of heterocyclic analogues of the combretastatins.
- Authors: Lipeeva AV, Shults EE, Shakirov MM, Pokrovsky MA, Pokrovsky AG
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 11
- Combretastatin-chalcone hybrids: synthesis and cytotoxicity.
- Authors: Nam NH, Byung-Zun A
- Issue date: 2007 Jul
- Antineoplastic agents. 579. Synthesis and cancer cell growth evaluation of E-stilstatin 3: a resveratrol structural modification.
- Authors: Pettit GR, Melody N, Thornhill A, Knight JC, Groy TL, Herald CL
- Issue date: 2009 Sep