Scalable synthesis of L-iduronic acid derivatives via stereocontrolled cyanohydrin reaction for synthesis of heparin-related disaccharides.
AuthorsHansen, Steen Uldall
Salameh, Bader A B
Pritchard, Robin G
Stimpson, William T
Gardiner, John M
Jayson, Gordon C
AffiliationSchool of Chemistry and Manchester Interdisciplinary Biocentre, The University of Manchester, 131 Princess Street, Manchester M1 7DN, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractL-ido cyanohydrin 3 was prepared from diacetone-D-glucose in four steps and 76% overall yield and 90% de via cyanohydrin reaction of aldehyde 2. This process can be scaled to provide >1 mol of pure L-ido cyanohydrin 3. Cyanohydrin 3 was elaborated to 1,2-isopropylidine-protected L-ido nitrile (8), iduronic amide 9, and known carboxy ester 10. Coupling of 8 and 9 with glucosamine donors leads to new types (6-cyano and 6-carboxamide) of heparin-related disaccharides.
CitationScalable synthesis of L-iduronic acid derivatives via stereocontrolled cyanohydrin reaction for synthesis of heparin-related disaccharides. 2009, 11 (20):4528-31 Org. Lett.
- Synthesis of L-iduronic acid derivatives via [3.2.1] and [2.2.2] L-iduronic lactones from bulk glucose-derived cyanohydrin hydrolysis: a reversible conformationally switched superdisarmed/rearmed lactone route to heparin disaccharides.
- Authors: Hansen SU, Dalton CE, Baráth M, Kwan G, Raftery J, Jayson GC, Miller GJ, Gardiner JM
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 17
- Synthesis and scalable conversion of L-iduronamides to heparin-related di- and tetrasaccharides.
- Authors: Hansen SU, Miller GJ, Baráth M, Broberg KR, Avizienyte E, Helliwell M, Raftery J, Jayson GC, Gardiner JM
- Issue date: 2012 Sep 21
- Synthesis of a heparin-related GlcN-IdoA sulfation-site variable disaccharide library and analysis by Raman and ROA spectroscopy.
- Authors: Miller GJ, Hansen SU, Baráth M, Johannessen C, Blanch EW, Jayson GC, Gardiner JM
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 5
- Synthesis of the basic disaccharide unit of heparin.
- Authors: Jaurand G, Tabeur C, Petitou M
- Issue date: 1994 Mar 4
- From D-glucose to biologically potent L-hexose derivatives: synthesis of alpha-L-iduronidase fluorogenic detector and the disaccharide moieties of bleomycin A2 and heparan sulfate.
- Authors: Lee JC, Chang SW, Liao CC, Chi FC, Chen CS, Wen YS, Wang CC, Kulkarni SS, Puranik R, Liu YH, Hung SC
- Issue date: 2004 Jan 23