Robust three-dimensional best-path phase-unwrapping algorithm that avoids singularity loops.
AuthorsAbdul-Rahman, Hussein S
Gdeisat, Munther A
Burton, David R
Moore, Christopher J
AffiliationMobile Machine and Vision Lab, Sheffield Hallam University, Faculty of ACES, Showcase 4114, Pond Street, Sheffield S1 1WB, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn this paper we propose a novel hybrid three-dimensional phase-unwrapping algorithm, which we refer to here as the three-dimensional best-path avoiding singularity loops (3DBPASL) algorithm. This algorithm combines the advantages and avoids the drawbacks of two well-known 3D phase-unwrapping algorithms, namely, the 3D phase-unwrapping noise-immune technique and the 3D phase-unwrapping best-path technique. The hybrid technique presented here is more robust than its predecessors since it not only follows a discrete unwrapping path depending on a 3D quality map, but it also avoids any singularity loops that may occur in the unwrapping path. Simulation and experimental results have shown that the proposed algorithm outperforms its parent techniques in terms of reliability and robustness.
CitationRobust three-dimensional best-path phase-unwrapping algorithm that avoids singularity loops. 2009, 48 (23):4582-96 Appl Opt
- Phase unwrapping of MR images using Phi UN--a fast and robust region growing algorithm.
- Authors: Witoszynskyj S, Rauscher A, Reichenbach JR, Barth M
- Issue date: 2009 Apr
- Fast and robust three-dimensional best path phase unwrapping algorithm.
- Authors: Abdul-Rahman HS, Gdeisat MA, Burton DR, Lalor MJ, Lilley F, Moore CJ
- Issue date: 2007 Sep 10
- Recursive approach to the moment-based phase unwrapping method.
- Authors: Langley JA, Brice RG, Zhao Q
- Issue date: 2010 Jun 1
- Unwrapping magnetic resonance phase maps with Chebyshev polynomials.
- Authors: Langley J, Zhao Q
- Issue date: 2009 Nov
- Hybrid robust and fast algorithm for three-dimensional phase unwrapping.
- Authors: Arevalillo-Herráez M, Gdeisat MA, Burton DR
- Issue date: 2009 Nov 10