AffiliationCRC Department of Cancer Genetics, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report here the presence of ring chromosomes in a retroperitoneal lipoma from a 12-year-old male. Ring chromosomes are strongly associated with the pathological subtype "atypical lipoma" in adults. In contrast, however, the tumour described here possesses no atypical features.
CitationRing chromosomes in a retroperitoneal lipoma of childhood. 1992, 4 (1):89-91 Genes Chromosomes Cancer
JournalGenes, Chromosomes & Cancer
- Cytogenetic and fluorescence in situ hybridization investigation of ring chromosomes characterizing a specific pathologic subgroup of adipose tissue tumors.
- Authors: Dal Cin P, Kools P, Sciot R, De Wever I, Van Damme B, Van de Ven W, Van den Berghe H
- Issue date: 1993 Jul 15
- NFIB rearrangement in superficial, retroperitoneal, and colonic lipomas with aberrations involving chromosome band 9p22.
- Authors: Italiano A, Ebran N, Attias R, Chevallier A, Monticelli I, Mainguené C, Benchimol D, Pedeutour F
- Issue date: 2008 Nov
- Primary retroperitoneal lipoma: a soft tissue pathology heresy?: report of a case with classic histologic, cytogenetics, and molecular genetic features.
- Authors: Ida CM, Wang X, Erickson-Johnson MR, Wenger DE, Blute ML, Nascimento AG, Oliveira AM
- Issue date: 2008 Jun
- Rearrangement involving chromosomes 1 and 8 in a retroperitoneal lipoma.
- Authors: Foa C, Mainguené C, Dupré F, Coindre JM, Huguet C, Kober C, Pedeutour F
- Issue date: 2002 Mar
- Supernumerary ring chromosomes and nuclear blebs in some low-grade malignant soft tissue tumours: atypical lipomatous tumours and dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans.
- Authors: Iwasaki H, Ohjimi Y, Ishiguro M, Isayama T, Fujita C, Kaneko Y, Kikuchi M, Shinohara N
- Issue date: 1998 Jun