AffiliationDepartment of Immunology, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, U.K.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTumour-infiltrating lymphocytes from cervical carcinomas were cultivated in the presence of interleukin-2. The majority of bulk cultures were cytotoxic against K562, Mel 1 and Caski cells. CD8+ cells were the predominant subset in over 50% of cultures, with varying numbers of CD56+ and CD25+ cells. T cell clones were established from six tumour-infiltrating lymphocyte cultures and the majority exhibited non-MHC-restricted cytotoxicity. However, in one case cytotoxicity of several derived clones was limited to the autologous tumour and in another, to the autologous tumour and Caski cells. This study indicates that tumour-infiltrating lymphocytes can be amplified and cloned from cervical carcinoma biopsies in the presence of rIL2. Although the predominant cytolytic function is non-MHC-restricted, low autotumour cytotoxicity can be demonstrated at the clonal level. The nature of the antigen(s) recognised by T cells on autologous cervical carcinoma cells in unknown; the candidacy of human papillomavirus-related products requires investigation.
CitationTumour-infiltrating lymphocytes in cervical carcinoma. 1992, 28A (11):1910-6 Eur. J. Cancer
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer
- Tumor specific cytolysis by tumor infiltrating lymphocytes in breast cancer.
- Authors: Baxevanis CN, Dedoussis GV, Papadopoulos NG, Missitzis I, Stathopoulos GP, Papamichail M
- Issue date: 1994 Aug 15
- Autologous tumour-specific cytotoxic T-cell clone established from tumour-infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) of malignant ascites in the absence of recombinant interleukin 2(rIL2): activation by autologous tumour cell alone.
- Authors: Katano M, Nagumo F, Kubota E, Yamamoto H, Matsuo T, Hisatsugu T, Tadano J
- Issue date: 1993
- Characterization of the cytolytic activity of CD4+ and CD8+ tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes in human renal cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Finke JH, Rayman P, Alexander J, Edinger M, Tubbs RR, Connelly R, Pontes E, Bukowski R
- Issue date: 1990 Apr 15
- Isolation and characterization of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes from cervical carcinoma.
- Authors: Hilders CG, Ras L, van Eendenburg JD, Nooyen Y, Fleuren GJ
- Issue date: 1994 Jun 15
- Up-regulation of inhibitory natural killer receptors CD94/NKG2A with suppressed intracellular perforin expression of tumor-infiltrating CD8+ T lymphocytes in human cervical carcinoma.
- Authors: Sheu BC, Chiou SH, Lin HH, Chow SN, Huang SC, Ho HN, Hsu SM
- Issue date: 2005 Apr 1