Regional localization of a trophoblast antigen-related sequence and 16 other sequences to human chromosomes 6q using somatic cell hybrids.
AffiliationDepartment of Cancer Genetics, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractUsing a panel of 13 hybrid cell lines, we have regionally localized 22 markers to the long arm of chromosome 6. Revised or new locations are provided for 17 of the markers, and preliminary assignments to chromosome 6 of 11 loci are confirmed. The location of NT5, previously determined by antigen expression in hybrids, has been confirmed at 6q14-q15 by using a cDNA probe. Other DNA probes include one new anonymous sequence, designated D6S130, that maps to 6q12 and 4 VNTR probes that map to the proterminal band, 6q27. Probe CRI-L1065 also maps to 6q21, CRI-994 maps to 6q21-qter, and CRI-L322 maps to 6q14-15, information that may assist the merging of physical and genetic maps.
CitationRegional localization of a trophoblast antigen-related sequence and 16 other sequences to human chromosomes 6q using somatic cell hybrids. 1992, 12 (4):693-8 Genomics
- Trophoblast glycoprotein recognised by monoclonal antibody 5T4 maps to human chromosome 6q14-q15.
- Authors: Boyle JM, Grzeschik KH, Heath PR, Morten JE, Stern PL
- Issue date: 1990 Apr
- Development and utilization of a somatic cell hybrid mapping panel to assign NotI linking probes to the long arm of human chromosome 6.
- Authors: Meese EU, Witkowski CM, Zoghbi HY, Stanbridge EJ, Meltzer PS, Trent JM
- Issue date: 1992 Mar
- Somatic cell hybrids, sequence-tagged sites, simple repeat polymorphisms, and yeast artificial chromosomes for physical and genetic mapping of proximal 17p.
- Authors: Guzzetta V, Franco B, Trask BJ, Zhang H, Saucedo-Cardenas O, Montes de Oca-Luna R, Greenberg F, Chinault AC, Lupski JR, Patel PI
- Issue date: 1992 Jul
- Single copy probe CRI-L1065 (D6S21) maps to 6cen-6q21.
- Authors: Weiffenbach B, Trent JM, Frye C, Witkowski C
- Issue date: 1991 Jan 11
- Characterization of radiation/fusion hybrids containing parts of human chromosome 10 and their use in mapping chromosome 10-specific probes.
- Authors: Rothschild CB, Noll WW, Gravius TC, Schuster MK, Nutile-McMenemy N, Jones C, Bowden DW
- Issue date: 1992 May