AffiliationDepartment of Molecular Genetics, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Czechoslovakia.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA damage-inducible expression vector was constructed in which the original recA structural gene was replaced by the protein-coding region of the ada gene. The O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase encoded by the ada gene can be measured by a rapid and highly sensitive assay. The introduction of this construct into an appropriate host cell provides an effective bacterial assay for genotoxins.
CitationA recA-ada hybrid gene inducible by DNA damage. 1992, 282 (1):39-42 Mutat. Res.
- Increase in nitrosourea resistance in mammalian cells by retrovirally mediated gene transfer of bacterial O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase.
- Authors: Dumenco LL, Warman B, Hatzoglou M, Lim IK, Abboud SL, Gerson SL
- Issue date: 1989 Nov 1
- Cloning and expression of the Bacillus subtilis methyltransferase gene in Escherichia coli ada- cells.
- Authors: Kodama KI, Nakabeppu Y, Sekiguchi M
- Issue date: 1989 Sep
- High level, regulated expression of the chimeric P-enolpyruvate carboxykinase (GTP)-bacterial O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase (ada) gene in transgenic mice.
- Authors: Lim IK, Dumenco LL, Yun J, Donovan C, Warman B, Gorodetzkaya N, Wagner TE, Clapp DW, Hanson RW, Gerson SL
- Issue date: 1990 Mar 15
- Cloning and characterization of the Salmonella typhimurium ada gene, which encodes O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase.
- Authors: Hakura A, Morimoto K, Sofuni T, Nohmi T
- Issue date: 1991 Jun
- Efficient repair of hydrogen peroxide-induced DNA damage by Escherichia coli requires SOS induction of RecA and RuvA proteins.
- Authors: Konola JT, Sargent KE, Gow JB
- Issue date: 2000 Apr 28