Immunoglobulin heavy-chain and CD3 delta-chain gene enhancers are DNase I-hypersensitive in hemopoietic progenitor cells.
AffiliationLeukaemia Research Fund Centre, Chester Beatty Laboratories, London, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMultipotential interleukin 3-dependent non-immortalized murine hemopoietic progenitor cells have DNase I-hypersensitive sites in the immunoglobulin heavy-chain and CD3 delta enhancers and transcribe germ-line T-cell antigen receptor gamma-chain (TCR gamma), but not IgM or TCR beta, genes. Induction of myeloid differentiation in these cells clones down expression and/or transcriptional accessibility of the immunoglobulin heavy-chain and TCR gamma genes. The CD3 delta enhancer region remains DNase I-hypersensitive but closes down in B cells. In embryonic stem cells and pan-mesodermal cells, these genes or enhancer regions are neither expressed nor DNase I-hypersensitive. These data suggest that lineage potential may be programmed, at least in part, by alterations in the accessibility or conformation of regulatory regions of genes and that some promiscuity of gene expression and/or accessibility can precede lineage commitment and maturation in progenitor cells induced to self-renew by interleukin 3.
CitationImmunoglobulin heavy-chain and CD3 delta-chain gene enhancers are DNase I-hypersensitive in hemopoietic progenitor cells. 1992, 89 (8):3424-8 Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.
JournalProceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America
- A T cell-specific enhancer is located in a DNase I-hypersensitive area at the 3' end of the CD3-delta gene.
- Authors: Georgopoulos K, van den Elsen P, Bier E, Maxam A, Terhorst C
- Issue date: 1988 Aug
- Cell lineage specificity of chromatin configuration around the immunoglobulin heavy chain enhancer.
- Authors: Ford AM, Watt SM, Furley AJ, Molgaard HV, Greaves MF
- Issue date: 1988 Aug
- DNase I-defined chromatin configuration of the human CD3 gene cluster.
- Authors: Tunnacliffe A
- Issue date: 1990 Feb 11
- Germline transcripts of the immunoglobulin heavy-chain and T cell receptor genes in a murine hematopoietic stem cell line LyD9 and its derivative cell lines.
- Authors: Tashiro K, Kinashi T, Anderson SJ, Lee KH, Tohyama K, Ogawa M, Takahashi M, Kawaichi M, Honjo T
- Issue date: 1991 May
- DNase hypersensitivity and methylation of the human CD3G and D genes during T-cell development.
- Authors: Flanagan BF, Wotton D, Tuck-Wah S, Owen MJ
- Issue date: 1990