Expression and downregulation of cytotoxic cell protease 1 or Granzyme 'B' transcripts during myeloid differentiation of interleukin-3-dependent murine stem cell lines.
AuthorsHampson, Ian N
Cross, Michael A
Heyworth, Clare M
Fairbairn, Leslie J
Cowling, Graham J
Dexter, T Michael
AffiliationCancer Research Campaign Department of Experimental Hematology, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Withington, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractUsing the technique of differential cDNA library screening, we have molecularly cloned a gene that is highly expressed in an undifferentiated myeloid multipotent and growth factor-dependent stem cell line (FDCP-Mix) and that downregulates as these cells are induced to differentiate along monocytic, granulocytic, and erythroid cell lineages. Sequence analysis of this gene has shown homology with a previously cloned gene, cytotoxic cell protease 1 (CCP1 or Granzyme 'B'), that has been shown to be expressed only in thymocytes, activated T cells, a mast cell line, and peritoneal exudate leukocytes. In situ hybridization, Northern blot analysis, and nuclear run-off assay has confirmed that expression of CCP1 is restricted to the phenotypically primitive multipotent undifferentiated. FDCP-Mix cells that are undergoing self-renewal in the presence of growth factors such as interleukin-3.
CitationExpression and downregulation of cytotoxic cell protease 1 or Granzyme 'B' transcripts during myeloid differentiation of interleukin-3-dependent murine stem cell lines. 1992, 80 (12):3097-105 Blood
- Expression of human colony-stimulating factor-1 (CSF-1) receptor in murine pluripotent hematopoietic NFS-60 cells induces long-term proliferation in response to CSF-1 without loss of erythroid differentiation potential.
- Authors: Bourette RP, Mouchiroud G, Ouazana R, Morlé F, Godet J, Blanchet JP
- Issue date: 1993 May 15
- Granzyme B and perforin lytic proteins are expressed in CD34+ peripheral blood progenitor cells mobilized by chemotherapy and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor.
- Authors: Berthou C, Marolleau JP, Lafaurie C, Soulié A, Dal Cortivo L, Bourge JF, Benbunan M, Sasportes M
- Issue date: 1995 Nov 1
- Interferon-gamma enhances factor-dependent myeloid proliferation of human CD34+ hematopoietic progenitor cells.
- Authors: Caux C, Moreau I, Saeland S, Banchereau J
- Issue date: 1992 May 15
- Multi-level effects of flt3 ligand on human hematopoiesis: expansion of putative stem cells and proliferation of granulomonocytic progenitors/monocytic precursors.
- Authors: Gabbianelli M, Pelosi E, Montesoro E, Valtieri M, Luchetti L, Samoggia P, Vitelli L, Barberi T, Testa U, Lyman S
- Issue date: 1995 Sep 1
- Human colony-stimulating factor 1 (CSF-1) receptor confers CSF-1 responsiveness to interleukin-3-dependent 32DC13 mouse myeloid cells and abrogates differentiation in response to granulocyte CSF.
- Authors: Kato J, Sherr CJ
- Issue date: 1990 May 1