Further characterization of monoclonal antibody indicates specificity for (6-4)-dipyrimidine photoproducts.
AffiliationJohns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMonoclonal antibody aUVssDNA-1 is produced by hybridoma cell line 25JF.C3B6 originally selected from cell fusions using spleen cells from mice immunized with UV-irradiated polydeoxynucleotides (Strickland and Boyle, Photochem. Photobiol. 34, 595-601, 1981). Original and subsequent studies of the binding characteristics of aUVssDNA-1 indicated that it was specific for cyclobuta-dithymidine photoproducts. Those investigations examined action spectrum, short-wavelength photo-reversal, nucleotide sequence effects, and photoreactivation using E. coli photolyase and incandescent light. However, the more recent studies reported here examined acetophenone-UV-B photosensitization, UV-B photoisomerization, and photoreactivation using cloned E. coli photolyase and filtered incandescent light. The results indicate that aUVssDNA-1 recognizes photoproducts with characteristics of (6-4)-dipyrimidines. Thus, previous studies in which relatively rapid repair of cyclobuta-dithymidine photoproducts was inferred using this antibody, require re-interpretation in light of these new findings.
CitationFurther characterization of monoclonal antibody indicates specificity for (6-4)-dipyrimidine photoproducts. 1992, 55 (5):723-7 Photochem. Photobiol.
JournalPhotochemistry and Photobiology
- Escherichia coli DNA photolyase reverses cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers but not pyrimidine-pyrimidone (6-4) photoproducts.
- Authors: Brash DE, Franklin WA, Sancar GB, Sancar A, Haseltine WA
- Issue date: 1985 Sep 25
- Establishment of a monoclonal antibody recognizing cyclobutane-type thymine dimers in DNA: a comparative study with 64M-1 antibody specific for (6-4)photoproducts.
- Authors: Mizuno T, Matsunaga T, Ihara M, Nikaido O
- Issue date: 1991 Mar
- Preferential DNA repair of (6-4) photoproducts in the dihydrofolate reductase gene of Chinese hamster ovary cells.
- Authors: Thomas DC, Okumoto DS, Sancar A, Bohr VA
- Issue date: 1989 Oct 25
- Respective roles of cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers, (6-4)photoproducts, and minor photoproducts in ultraviolet mutagenesis of repair-deficient xeroderma pigmentosum A cells.
- Authors: Otoshi E, Yagi T, Mori T, Matsunaga T, Nikaido O, Kim ST, Hitomi K, Ikenaga M, Todo T
- Issue date: 2000 Mar 15
- Preliminary studies for interaction of a cyclobutane thymine dimer region with its cognate antibody.
- Authors: Komatsu Y, Tujino T, Suzuki T, Nikaido O, Ohtsuka E
- Issue date: 1997