K-ras gene mutation in colorectal adenomas and carcinomas from familial adenomatous polyposis patients.
AffiliationPaterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractColorectal adenomas and carcinomas from familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) patients were screened for the presence of K-ras gene mutations at codon 12 using an in vitro amplification step (polymerase chain reaction) followed by dot blot analysis using oligonucleotide probes specific for different mutations at codon 12. We examined 28 colorectal adenomas and two colorectal carcinomas from 12 FAP patients and observed a mutation at codon 12 in seven adenomas and in both carcinomas. The frequency of K-ras gene mutations in colorectal tumours from FAP patients is similar to those in cases of sporadic adenomas and sporadic colorectal carcinomas indicating that the mechanisms involved in their development may be similar.
CitationK-ras gene mutation in colorectal adenomas and carcinomas from familial adenomatous polyposis patients. 1992, 1 (4):269-74 Surg Oncol
- Somatic APC and K-ras codon 12 mutations in periampullary adenomas and carcinomas from familial adenomatous polyposis patients.
- Authors: Gallinger S, Vivona AA, Odze RD, Mitri A, O'Beirne CP, Berk TC, Bapat BV
- Issue date: 1995 May 4
- K-ras activation in colorectal tumors from patients with familial polyposis coli.
- Authors: Sasaki M, Sugio K, Sasazuki T
- Issue date: 1990 Jun 1
- Analysis of K-ras, APC, and beta-catenin in aberrant crypt foci in sporadic adenoma, cancer, and familial adenomatous polyposis.
- Authors: Takayama T, Ohi M, Hayashi T, Miyanishi K, Nobuoka A, Nakajima T, Satoh T, Takimoto R, Kato J, Sakamaki S, Niitsu Y
- Issue date: 2001 Sep
- Increased frequency of the k-ras G12C mutation in MYH polyposis colorectal adenomas.
- Authors: Jones S, Lambert S, Williams GT, Best JM, Sampson JR, Cheadle JP
- Issue date: 2004 Apr 19
- K-ras gene mutations in adenomas and carcinomas of the colon.
- Authors: Boughdady IS, Kinsella AR, Haboubi NY, Schofield PF
- Issue date: 1992 Aug