AffiliationCRC Department of Experimental Haematology, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe production of blood cells in the body is controlled by at least 20 polypeptide growth factors. Most of these factors have been cloned and many expressed in bacterial and eukaryotic systems to give biologically active proteins. Currently, these recombinant human proteins are undergoing intensive evaluation for their use in treating primary haemopoietic diseases, or stimulating normal haemopoiesis following drug-, radiation- or virus-induced trauma of the bone marrow. Erythropoietin (EPO) and the myeloid colony stimulating factors (IL-3, G-CSF, GM-CSF and M-CSF) were among the first to be cloned and expressed.
CitationErythropoietin and myeloid colony stimulating factors. 1992, 10 (10):349-57 Trends Biotechnol.
JournalTrends in Biotechnology
- Colony stimulating factors (including erythropoietin, granulocyte colony stimulating factor and analogues) for stroke.
- Authors: Bath PM, Sprigg N
- Issue date: 2006 Jul 19
- Hematopoietic recovery following high-dose combined alkylating-agent chemotherapy and autologous bone marrow support in patients in phase-I clinical trials of colony-stimulating factors: G-CSF, GM-CSF, IL-1, IL-2, M-CSF.
- Authors: Laughlin MJ, Kirkpatrick G, Sabiston N, Peters W, Kurtzberg J
- Issue date: 1993 Dec
- The clinical use of hematopoietic growth factors.
- Authors: Appelbaum FR
- Issue date: 1989 Jul
- Adding growth factors or interleukin-3 to erythropoietin has limited effects on anemia of transfusion-dependent patients with myelodysplastic syndromes unresponsive to erythropoietin alone.
- Authors: Musto P, Sanpaolo G, D'Arena G, Scalzulli PR, Matera R, Falcone A, Bodenizza C, Perla G, Carotenuto M
- Issue date: 2001 Jan
- [Combined GM-CSF and erythropoietin therapy in myelodysplastic syndrome].
- Authors: Egli F, Hofer S, Greminger P, Rhyner K
- Issue date: 1989 Dec 9