AffiliationNorth Western Medical Physics Department, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe "Radiovisiography" dental imaging unit (Trophy UK Ltd) is a digital system using an intensifying screen and charge-coupled device in an intra-oral sensor. This paper presents a description of the system and an assessment of the original model in terms of patient dose (relative to film systems), resolution (limiting resolution and modulation transfer function), distortion and image noise (amplitude). The system does offer the possibility of reduced patient exposure and minimal distortion, although resolution and latitude are inferior to standard dental film.
CitationQuantitative assessment of a new dental imaging system. 1991, 64 (762):529-36 Br J Radiol
JournalThe British Journal of Radiology
- Radiation dosage of a dental imaging system.
- Authors: Soh G, Loh FC, Chong YH
- Issue date: 1993 Mar
- Direct digital radiography in the dental office.
- Authors: Wenzel A, Gröndahl HG
- Issue date: 1995 Feb
- Comparison of a photostimulable phosphor system with film for dental radiology.
- Authors: Huda W, Rill LN, Benn DK, Pettigrew JC
- Issue date: 1997 Jun
- Imaging characteristics of new screen/film systems for cephalometric radiography.
- Authors: Fatouros PP, Gibbs SJ, Skubic SE, Rao GU
- Issue date: 1984 Jan
- An image plate system for digital intra-oral radiography.
- Authors: Gröndahl HG, Wenzel A, Borg E, Tammisalo E
- Issue date: 1996 Oct