Development of an indirect calorimeter for use in infants and young children.
AffiliationNorth Western Medical Physics Department, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA low cost, 'open-circuit', flow-through system, using a closely fitted facemask has been developed for the determination of oxygen consumption and carbon dioxide production in spontaneously breathing infants and children.
CitationDevelopment of an indirect calorimeter for use in infants and young children. 1991, 12 (4):343-51 Clin Phys Physiol Meas
JournalClinical Physics and Physiological Measurement
- The performance of a variable-flow indirect calorimeter.
- Authors: Nicholson MJ, Holton J, Bradley AP, Beatty PC, Campbell IT
- Issue date: 1996 Feb
- Validity and reliability of a new portable telemetric calorimeter designed to measure oxygen consumption and carbon dioxide production.
- Authors: De Lorenzo A, Sorge RP, Bertini I, Andreoli A, lacopino L, Di Daniele N, Perriello G
- Issue date: 2001 Oct
- Indirect calorimetry methods for determination of energy expenditure.
- Authors: Dárdai E
- Issue date: 1990
- [Indirect calorimetry in mechanically ventilated children. 3. Clinical use of a new measurement procedure].
- Authors: Semsroth M
- Issue date: 1986 Feb
- An evaluation of the Deltatrac indirect calorimeter by gravimetric injection and alcohol burning.
- Authors: Cooper BG, McLean JA, Taylor R
- Issue date: 1991 Nov