Metallothionein levels in ovarian tumours before and after chemotherapy.
AffiliationCRC Department of Medical Oncology, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital, Withington, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe metallothionein content of ovarian tumours is considerably higher than that found in normal ovaries (greater than 100-fold differences in mean values, P less than 0.001). There was no difference between the metallothionein content of tumours from patients who had completed chemotherapy, usually with a regimen containing a platinum drug, and tumours from untreated patients. Similarly, the level of metallothionein was not influenced by response to therapy, age, stage, histology, or tumour cell differentiation state. These data do not support the hypothesis that metallothionein content is a major determinant of tumour sensitivity in ovarian cancer.
CitationMetallothionein levels in ovarian tumours before and after chemotherapy. 1991, 63 (5):711-4 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Randomized trial of initial therapy with melphalan versus cisplatin-based combination chemotherapy in patients with advanced ovarian carcinoma: initial and long term results--Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group Study E2878.
- Authors: Wadler S, Yeap B, Vogl S, Carbone P
- Issue date: 1996 Feb 15
- Importance of multiagent chemotherapy regimens in ovarian carcinoma: dose intensity analysis.
- Authors: Levin L, Simon R, Hryniuk W
- Issue date: 1993 Nov 3
- Ovarian carcinosarcomas: clinicopathological prognostic factors and evaluation of chemotherapy regimens containing platinum.
- Authors: Cicin I, Saip P, Eralp Y, Selam M, Topuz S, Ozluk Y, Aydin Y, Topuz E
- Issue date: 2008 Jan
- Chemotherapy in advanced ovarian carcinoma: current standards of care based on randomized trials.
- Authors: Thigpen T, Vance R, Puneky L, Khansur T
- Issue date: 1994 Dec
- Association between in vitro platinum resistance in the EDR assay and clinical outcomes for ovarian cancer patients.
- Authors: Holloway RW, Mehta RS, Finkler NJ, Li KT, McLaren CE, Parker RJ, Fruehauf JP
- Issue date: 2002 Oct