Quantitation of enhanced expression of ras-oncogene product (p21) in childhood renal tumours.
AffiliationChristie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester, England.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA monoclonal antibody, RAP-5, raised against the 21,000d ras-oncogene product, p21, was used in an immunoperoxidase staining procedure to study the expression of p21 in normal children's and foetal kidneys, pre-malignant lesions and benign and malignant childhood renal tumours with good, moderate or poor prognosis. ras-p21 was expressed in both normal and foetal kidneys but its distribution in renal tumours differed markedly (p less than 0.01). A quantitative liquid competition radioimmunoassay (RIA) was used to determine ras-p21 level in tissue homogenates. The results were expressed as pg of ras-p21 per microgram protein of tissue extract. There were significant differences in the levels of ras-p21 among various renal tissue extracts (p less than 0.05). Generally it emerged that the amount of ras-p21 was greater in both malignant renal tumours and foetal kidneys compared to normal kidneys, pre-malignant lesions and benign renal tumours.
CitationQuantitation of enhanced expression of ras-oncogene product (p21) in childhood renal tumours., 11 (4):1657-62 Anticancer Res.
- Immunohistochemical study of oncogene product ras p21, c-myc and growth factor EGF in breast carcinomas.
- Authors: Mizukami Y, Nonomura A, Noguchi M, Taniya T, Koyasaki N, Saito Y, Hashimoto T, Matsubara F, Yanaihara N
- Issue date: 1991 Jul-Aug
- Enhanced expression of c-Ha-ras p21 in human stomach adenocarcinomas defined by immunoassays using monoclonal antibodies and in situ hybridization.
- Authors: Ohuchi N, Hand PH, Merlo G, Fujita J, Mariani-Costantini R, Thor A, Nose M, Callahan R, Schlom J
- Issue date: 1987 Mar 1
- Expression of ras oncogene p21 during human fetal development as determined by monoclonal antibodies RAP-5, Y13-259, and DWP.
- Authors: Radosevich JA, Combs SG, Ma Y, Lee I, Gould VE, Thor A, Schlom J, Carney WP, Rosen ST
- Issue date: 1989
- Expression of the 21,000 molecular weight ras protein in a spectrum of benign and malignant human mammary tissues.
- Authors: Ohuchi N, Thor A, Page DL, Hand PH, Halter SA, Schlom J
- Issue date: 1986 May
- Immunohistochemical detection of ras oncogene p21 product in benign and malignant mammary tissue in man.
- Authors: Ghosh AK, Moore M, Harris M
- Issue date: 1986 Apr