AffiliationNorth Western Regional Cytogenetics Service (Onocology), Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester, U.K.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report a case of disseminated alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma, where chromosome analysis showed a deletion of chromosome 13(q14). This breakpoint is involved in the t(2;13)(q37;q14) previously reported in cases of rhabdomyosarcoma, but this is the first reported case in whom this deletion occurs without involvement of chromosome 2. The possible oncogenic role of the retinoblastoma (RB1) gene located at the breakpoint is discussed.
CitationAlveolar rhabdomyosarcoma with del(13q14). 1991, 55 (2):257-9 Cancer Genet. Cytogenet
JournalCancer Genetics and Cytogenetics
- A variant (2;13) translocation in rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Authors: Dal Cin P, Brock P, Aly MS, Casteels-Van Daele M, De Wever I, Van Damme B, Van den Berghe H
- Issue date: 1991 Sep
- Chromosome translocation (2;13)(q37;q14) in a disseminated alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Authors: Engel R, Ritterbach J, Schwabe D, Lampert F
- Issue date: 1988 Oct
- Closely linked loci on the long arm of chromosome 13 flank a specific 2;13 translocation breakpoint in childhood rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Authors: Valentine M, Douglass EC, Look AT
- Issue date: 1989
- Cytogenetic studies in subgroups of rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Authors: Whang-Peng J, Knutsen T, Theil K, Horowitz ME, Triche T
- Issue date: 1992 Nov
- Translocation (2;13)(q37;q14) in alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma: a new case.
- Authors: Lizard-Nacol S, Mugneret F, Volk C, Turc-Carel C, Favrot M, Philip T
- Issue date: 1987 Apr