AuthorsHartley, Ann L
Birch, Jillian M
Banerjee, Saumitra S
Freemont, A J
McWilliam, L J
AffiliationCancer Research Campaign Paediatric and Familial Cancer Research Group, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIncidence data on a population-based series of bone, soft tissue and visceral sarcomas from the North West of England are presented. The data are derived mainly from a total of 429 cases registered with the North Western Regional Cancer Registry and diagnosed during the period 1982-84, 76% of which were confirmed as sarcomas by a panel of five pathologists. Overall incidence of confirmed sarcomas per million person years was slightly higher in females (26.81) than in males (24.71) but there was no sex difference when 38 non-reviewed cases were taken into consideration (females 29.07, males (28.83). After exclusion of tumours of female genital tract, incidence of soft tissue tumours was very similar in both sexes (females 18.25, males 18.70). Bone tumours were almost twice as frequent in males (6.01) as in females (3.55).
CitationSarcomas in north west England: II. Incidence. 1991, 64 (6):1145-50 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Sarcomas in north west England: I. Histopathological peer review.
- Authors: Harris M, Hartley AL, Blair V, Birch JM, Banerjee SS, Freemont AJ, McClure J, McWilliam LJ
- Issue date: 1991 Aug
- Sarcomas in north west England: III. Survival.
- Authors: Hartley AL, Blair V, Harris M, Birch JM, Banerjee SS, Freemont AJ, McClure J, McWilliam LJ
- Issue date: 1992 Oct
- Bone sarcoma incidence in the Netherlands.
- Authors: Goedhart LM, Ho VKY, Dijkstra PDS, Schreuder HWB, Schaap GR, Ploegmakers JJW, van der Geest ICM, van de Sande MAJ, Bramer JA, Suurmeijer AJH, Jutte PC
- Issue date: 2019 Jun
- Analysis of bone and soft-tissue sarcomas registered during the year 2012 at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, with clinical outcomes.
- Authors: Bajpai J, Khanna N, Vora T, Gulia A, Laskar S, Puri A, Sanduptla B, Chinnaswamy G, Nayak P, Juvekar SL, Janu A, Desai S, Ghosh J, Purandare N, Ramadwar M, Rangarajan V, Rekhi B
- Issue date: 2018 Jan-Mar
- The epidemiology of bone cancer in 0 - 39 year olds in northern England, 1981 - 2002.
- Authors: Eyre R, Feltbower RG, James PW, Blakey K, Mubwandarikwa E, Forman D, McKinney PA, Pearce MS, McNally RJ
- Issue date: 2010 Jul 6