Comparative intraperitoneal pharmacokinetics of three platinum analogues.
AffiliationCRC Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe pharmakokinetic profiles of intraperitoneally infused platinum analogues were determined in 13 women exhibiting minimal residual disease following surgery and systemic chemotherapy for epithelial ovarian cancer or fallopian tube carcinoma by following the disposition of tracer doses of 195mPt radiolabel. Six patients received iproplatin, four were given cisplatin and three received carboplatin. The present data demonstrate no difference in the disposition of total platinum between these three analogues, but differences in the kinetics of free platinum may exist.
CitationComparative intraperitoneal pharmacokinetics of three platinum analogues. 1991, 28 (4):315-7 Cancer Chemother. Pharmacol
JournalCancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology
- Clinical pharmacokinetics and administration of established platinum drugs.
- Authors: O'Dwyer PJ, Stevenson JP, Johnson SW
- Issue date: 2000
- Platinum concentrations in uterus and serum after internal iliac arterial infusion of platinum compounds in rabbits.
- Authors: Kigawa J, Minagawa Y, Itamochi H, Kanamori Y, Ishihara H, Terakawa N
- Issue date: 1995 Aug
- An autoradiographic study of the intrarenal localisation and retention of cisplatin, iproplatin and paraplatin.
- Authors: Ewen C, Perera A, Hendry JH, McAuliffe CA, Sharma H, Fox BW
- Issue date: 1988
- Oxaliplatin salvage for recurrent ovarian cancer: a single institution's experience in patient populations with platinum resistant disease or a history of platinum hypersensitivity.
- Authors: Taylor SE, Beck TL, Krivak TC, Zorn KK, Kelley JL, Edwards RP
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- [Platinum derivatives].
- Authors: Sasaki Y
- Issue date: 2004 Dec