Recombinant interleukin-2 (rIL-2) with flavone acetic acid (FAA) in advanced malignant melanoma: immunological studies.
AffiliationImmunology Laboratory, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNatural killer (NK) cell activity and lymphokine activated killer (LAK) cell cytotoxicity were measured in patients receiving recombinant interleukin 2 (rIL-2) and flavone acetic acid (FAA) for treatment of progressing metastatic melanoma. NK activity was increased in 23 of 26 patients and LAK activity induced in 13 of 26 patients. However, levels of cytotoxicity in the present study were not significantly greater than a previous study using rIL-2 alone. LAK cell precursors demonstrated by in vitro incubation of pretreatment lymphocytes with IL-2 and subsequent cytotoxicity were no different in the patients compared to normal controls. Analysis of cell surface phenotypes failed to reveal any significant changes in the cell populations examined, including IL-2R and Leu 19. Although five patients had tumour response, one being complete, there was no correlation with the immunological parameters examined.
CitationRecombinant interleukin-2 (rIL-2) with flavone acetic acid (FAA) in advanced malignant melanoma: immunological studies. 1990, 61 (3):471-4 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Recombinant interleukin-2 (rIL-2) with flavone acetic acid (FAA) in advanced malignant melanoma: a phase II study.
- Authors: Thatcher N, Dazzi H, Mellor M, Ghosh A, Carrington B, Johnson RJ, Loriaux EM, Craig RP
- Issue date: 1990 Apr
- Immunological effects of flavone acetic acid.
- Authors: Triozzi PL, Rinehart JJ, Malspeis L, Young DC, Grever MR
- Issue date: 1990 Oct 15
- Augmentation of natural killer activity, induction of IFN and development tumor immunity during the successful treatment of established murine renal cancer using flavone acetic acid and IL-2.
- Authors: Hornung RL, Back TC, Zaharko DS, Urba WJ, Longo DL, Wiltrout RH
- Issue date: 1988 Nov 15
- Changes in immunological parameters during interleukin 2 and interferon 2 alpha treatment of recurrent renal cell carcinoma and malignant melanoma.
- Authors: Maxwell W, McDevitt J, Reid I, Sharpe I, Feighery C, Tanner WA, Emmons R, Monson JR
- Issue date: 1993 Jun
- Natural killer (NK) and lymphokine activated killer (LAK) cell activity in patients (PTS) treated with flavone acetic acid (FAA).
- Authors: Galligioni E, Quaia M, Spada A, Crivellari D, Favaro D, Sorio R, Talamini R, D'Incalci M, Allavena P, Damia G
- Issue date: 1991 Feb