Immunoscintigraphy with 99mTc labelled F(ab')2 fragments of an anti melanoma monoclonal antibody (225.28S) in patients with metastatic malignant melanoma.
Owens, Susan E
Mackenzie, S A
Nuttall, Pamela M
Gosh, Anna K
Smith, David B
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractImmunoscintigraphy was performed in 25 patients with malignant melanoma using a 99mTc labelled monoclonal antibody (225.28S). In four cases, imaging was repeated following treatment with recombinant gamma interferon. In 11 cases, tissue samples of metastatic lesions were investigated for the expression of melanoma associated antigens by immunohistochemical techniques. Overall, 59% of known lesions were detected by imaging. The highest rates of detection were in bone, liver and lymph nodes and the lowest in lung, stomach and bowel. Six lesions were detected which had not shown up on routine clinical and radiological examination. There was no evidence of enhanced or induced HMW-MAA expression following interferon treatment. This technique has been found to be useful in staging patients and has been free from side effects.
CitationImmunoscintigraphy with 99mTc labelled F(ab')2 fragments of an anti melanoma monoclonal antibody (225.28S) in patients with metastatic malignant melanoma. 1987, 13 (3):130-3 Eur J Nucl Med
JournalEuropean Journal of Nuclear Medicine
- [Immunoscintigraphy with 99mTc marked melanoma antibody in patients with malignant melanoma].
- Authors: Rentsch M, Cerny T, Richner J, Brunner KW, Rösler H, Nachbur B
- Issue date: 1989 Jun
- [Radioimmunoscintigraphy with a 99mTc-labeled F(ab')2 fragment of a monoclonal antibody (HMW-MAA 225.28S) in 71 patients with malignant melanoma].
- Authors: Rentsch M, Cerny T, Geiger L, Gerber H, Brunner KW, Rösler H, Nachbur B
- Issue date: 1989 Oct 7
- Imaging with 131I-labeled monoclonal antibodies to a high-molecular-weight melanoma-associated antigen in patients with melanoma: efficacy of whole immunoglobulin and its F(ab')2 fragments.
- Authors: Buraggi GL, Callegaro L, Mariani G, Turrin A, Cascinelli N, Attili A, Bombardieri E, Terno G, Plassio G, Dovis M
- Issue date: 1985 Jul
- Radioimmunodetection of malignant melanoma with the 225.28S monoclonal antibody to HMW-MAA.
- Authors: Buraggi GL
- Issue date: 1986 Dec
- Anti-melanoma monoclonal antibody 225.28S immunoscintigraphy in metastatic melanoma.
- Authors: Böni R, Huch Böni RA, Steinert H, Dummer R, Burg G, von Schulthess GK
- Issue date: 1995