24-hour cyclophosphamide infusion therapy for malignant mesothelioma of the pleura.
AffiliationCRC Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital, Manchester.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThirteen patients with malignant mesothelioma of the pleura have been treated with 24-hour cyclophosphamide infusion (2.5 g/m2) therapy. There were no complete responders. Three patients (23%) had a partial response, and a further three patients who did not fulfil the criteria for objective response, had subjective benefit from therapy with increase in performance status. The overall median survival from the onset of therapy was 6 months (range 2-19 months). High dose cyclophosphamide offers no advantage over standard dose therapy.
Citation24-hour cyclophosphamide infusion therapy for malignant mesothelioma of the pleura. 1988, 82 (1):64-9 Br J Dis Chest
JournalBritish Journal of Diseases of the Chest
- Prospective study of combination chemotherapy with cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, and cisplatin for unresectable or metastatic malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Authors: Shin DM, Fossella FV, Umsawasdi T, Murphy WK, Chasen MH, Walsh G, Komaki R, McMurtrey MJ, Hong WK
- Issue date: 1995 Dec 1
- Gallium-67 scanning in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Authors: Nakano T, Maeda J, Iwahashi N, Tamura S, Hada T, Higashino K
- Issue date: 1990 May-Jun
- High-dose methotrexate in the treatment of malignant mesothelioma of the pleura. A phase II study.
- Authors: Solheim OP, Saeter G, Finnanger AM, Stenwig AE
- Issue date: 1992 Jun
- Interleukin-2 in malignant pleural mesothelioma (and adenocarcinoma of the lung). The use of intrapleural and continuous intravenous infusions: preliminary results.
- Authors: Thatcher N, Taylor P, Carroll KB, Loriaux EM, Palmer P, Franks CR
- Issue date: 1989 Jun
- A phase II trial of low-dose gemcitabine in a prolonged infusion and cisplatin for malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Authors: Kovac V, Zwitter M, Rajer M, Marin A, Debeljak A, Smrdel U, Vrankar M
- Issue date: 2012 Feb