Lymphocyte function in the blood of patients with untreated non-Hodgkin lymphoma: influence of stage and pathology.
Affiliation1Cancer Research Campaign Department of Medical Oncology of Manchester University, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Withington, Manchester, England.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLymphocytotoxicity of T, non-T and K cells was found to be diminished in a proportion of 30 patients with untreated non-Hodgkin lymphoma; T cell number as enumerated by E sheep cell rosettes was also reduced. The reduction was greatest in patients with disease of unfavorable pathology; the effect of stage on these tests was not marked. Decreased skin reactivity was found in the same group of patients with unfavorable pathology. The reduction of direct and antibody dependent lymphocytotoxicity was not related to an obvious reduction in non-T cell numbers, as assessed by rosetting tests. There was, however, a decrease in phytohemagglutinin cytotoxicity in those groups with reduced T cell number. The influence of unfavorable pathology on lymphocyte effector function is emphasized by this study.
CitationLymphocyte function in the blood of patients with untreated non-Hodgkin lymphoma: influence of stage and pathology. 1977, 3 (3):311-21 Med. Pediatr. Oncol.
JournalMedical and Pediatric Oncology
- Immunocompetence and malignant lymphoma: immunologic status before therapy.
- Authors: Anderson TC, Jones SE, Soehnlen BJ, Moon TE, Griffith K, Stanley P
- Issue date: 1981 Dec 15
- Quantitation of T and B lymphocytes and cellular immune function in Hodgkin's disease.
- Authors: Bobrove AM, Fuks Z, Strober S, Kaplan HS
- Issue date: 1975 Jul
- B lymphocytes in untreated patients with malignant lymphoma and Hodgkin's disease.
- Authors: Gajl-Peczalska KJ, Hansen JA, Bloomfield CD, Good RA
- Issue date: 1973 Dec
- Bovine lymphocytes: erythrocyte rosettes in normal, lymphomatous and corticosteroid-treated cattle.
- Authors: Wilkie BN, Caoili F, Jacobs R
- Issue date: 1979 Jan
- [Evaluation of spontaneous antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity (ADCC) and direct spontaneous lymphocyte-mediated cytotoxicity (SLMC) in patients with neoplasms].
- Authors: Degliantoni G, Mangoni L, Manna A, Fulcini M
- Issue date: 1981 Sep