Lack of effect of immunotherapy with BCG and Corynebacterium parvum on hepatic drug hydroxylation in man.
AffiliationChristie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSerial serum diphenylhydantoin and urinary 5-(p-hydroxphenyl)-5-phenylhydantoin concentrations were determined in 8 patients with malignant disease and 4 healthy volunteers on 2 separate occasions after an oral dose of diphenylhydantoin (500 mg). No significant difference was observed between metabolism before and 10 days after immunization with BCG or Corynebacterium parvum. Volunteers without intervening immunization similarly showed no difference.
CitationLack of effect of immunotherapy with BCG and Corynebacterium parvum on hepatic drug hydroxylation in man. 1979, 39 (4):441-4 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish journal of cancer
- Effects of Corynebacterium parvum and BCG therapy on immune parameters in patients with disseminated melanoma a sequential study over 28 days. I. Changes in blood counts, serum immunoglobulins and lymphoid cell populations.
- Authors: Thatcher N, Swindell R, Crowther D
- Issue date: 1979 Jan
- Abrogation of antitumor effects of Corynebacterium parvum and BCG by antimacrophage agents: brief communication.
- Authors: Keller R
- Issue date: 1977 Dec
- Corynebacterium parvum versus bacille Calmette-Guérin adjuvant immunotherapy of stage II malignant melanoma.
- Authors: Lipton A, Harvey HA, Balch CM, Antle CE, Heckard R, Bartolucci AA
- Issue date: 1991 Jul
- Bacillus Calmette-Guérin immunotherapy in combination with DTIC (NSC-45388) for the treatment of malignant melanoma.
- Authors: Gutterman JU, Mavligit GM, Reed R, Burgess MA, Gottlieb J, Hersh EM
- Issue date: 1976 Feb
- The influence of nonspecific immunotherapy on the course of murine melanoma.
- Authors: Woods JE, Ritts RE Jr
- Issue date: 1977