11-week course of sequential methotrexate, thoracic irradiation, and moderate-dose cyclophosphamide for "limited"-stage small-cell bronchogenic carcinoma. A study from the Manchester Lung Tumour Group.
Barber, Philip V
Hunter, Robin D
Carroll, K B
Wilkinson, Peter M
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract55 patients with inoperable but "limited"-stage small-cell carcinoma were treated sequentially with methotrexate, radiotherapy, and high doses of cyclophosphamide. The treatment was completed over 11 weeks and no maintenance chemotherapy was given. Follow-up lasted 9-29 months. Toxicity was acceptable, despite doses of cyclophosphamide of 1.5-3.5 g/m2. The complete response rate was 53%. Median survival for the total patient group was 12 months, range 2-29+. Patients who attained a complete response had a 17 month median survival; 17 patients remained in complete remission, 9 of whom first underwent treatment 14-29 months previously. Karnofsky performance scores improved after treatment and most patients were able to resume normal activity. The results are similar to those obtained with prolonged combination chemotherapy.
Citation11-week course of sequential methotrexate, thoracic irradiation, and moderate-dose cyclophosphamide for "limited"-stage small-cell bronchogenic carcinoma. A study from the Manchester Lung Tumour Group. 1982, 1 (8280):1040-3 Lancet
- Three months treatment with chemotherapy and radiotherapy for small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Thatcher N, Stout R, Smith DB, Grötte G, Winson M, Bassett H, Carroll KB
- Issue date: 1985 Sep
- [Small cell lung carcinoma: role of thoracic irradiation and its timing in relation to chemotherapy].
- Authors: Payne DG, Murray N, Warde P
- Issue date: 1994 Feb
- Upper hemibody and local chest irradiation as consolidation following response to high-dose induction chemotherapy for small cell bronchogenic carcinoma--a pilot study.
- Authors: Mason BA, Richter MP, Catalano RB, Creech RB
- Issue date: 1982 Aug
- Three months' treatment with cyclophosphamide, VP-16-213 followed by methotrexate and thoracic radiotherapy for small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Thatcher N, James RD, Steward WP, Barber PV, Feinmann D, Lawson BA, Carroll KB
- Issue date: 1985 Sep 15
- [Combination chemotherapy and radiotherapy in small cell carcinoma of the lung].
- Authors: Yoshida S, Ogata T, Homma T, Kikuchi K, Masuda H, Matsuoka T, Sugiyama K, Noguchi Y, Yoneda S, Fukuda T
- Issue date: 1986 Jul