A comparison between a single agent short course chemotherapy regimen and a quadruple prolonged course regimen for small-cell bronchogenic carcinoma of limited extent.
AffiliationRegional Cardiothoracic Unit, Wythenshawe Hospital, Southmoore Road, Manchester 23 UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSixty-eight patients with inoperable but 'limited' stage small-cell carcinoma of the bronchus were treated with two different chemotherapy regimens. Thirty-four patients received methotrexate, cyclophosphamide, procarbazine and vincristine in standard dose over a 2-year schedule. Thirty-four patients received cyclophosphamide alone over a period of 3 months. The groups were evenly balanced with respect to clinical details which are fully described. Toxicity was acceptable. The median actual survival for the whole group was 11 months, the 1-year, 2-year and 4-year survival being 48%, 30% and 1.5% respectively. There was no statistically significant difference in survival between those classified as responders and those as non-responders, nor between the groups treated with the two different regimens. There was a high local recurrence rate.
CitationA comparison between a single agent short course chemotherapy regimen and a quadruple prolonged course regimen for small-cell bronchogenic carcinoma of limited extent. 1983, 77 (2):171-8 Br J Dis Chest
JournalBritish Journal of Diseases of the Chest
- Combination chemotherapy for small cell carcinoma of the lung: evaluation of four-drug combination of cyclophosphamide, vincristine, methotrexate, and procarbazine.
- Authors: Ohnoshi T, Hiraki S, Nakata Y, Machida K, Fujii M, Nakata Y, Murakami N, Miyake K, Harada J, Ozawa S, Seto T, Tamura T, Kimura I
- Issue date: 1983 Apr
- Metastatic non-small cell bronchogenic carcinoma: a randomized trial of sequential vs combination chemotherapy.
- Authors: Hoffman PC, Newman SB, Golomb HM, Demeester TR, Blough RR, Sovik CA
- Issue date: 1983 Jan
- A randomized clinical trial in bronchogenic small-cell carcinoma evaluating alternating maintenance therapy of vincristine, adriamycin, procarbazine, and etoposide (VAPE) with cyclophosphamide, CCNU, and methotrexate (CCM) versus CCM maintenance alone in complete responders following VAPE induction and late intensification.
- Authors: Broder LE, Sridhar KS, Selawry OS, Charyulu KN, Rao RK, Saldana MJ, Donnelly EJ, Raub WA Jr
- Issue date: 1994 Dec
- Small cell undifferentiated bronchogenic carcinoma: current status with emphasis upon the role of chemotherapy.
- Authors: Johnson PS, Foley JF, Kessinger A, Lemon HM
- Issue date: 1978
- Chemotherapy for small cell bronchogenic carcinoma: CCNU and doxorubicin compared to CCNU, doxorubicin, vincristine, and procarbazine.
- Authors: Vogelzang NJ, Trowbridge RC, Frenning DH, Theologides A, Kennedy BJ, Kelly DR, Ewing SL, Vosika GJ
- Issue date: 1980 Aug-Sep